Dear Tanks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ender Mako, Sep 9, 2013.

1. DarkAshelin

DarkAshelin Crystal Brave

I see.

In my case: I would always put Succor before the party engaged in battle, then start the battle in Cleric Stance, put my DoTs, switch back out of Cleric Stance, put Adloquium and top everyone off, then switch back to Cleric Stance and DoT, and repeat. Incase people were really taking damage, I would stay out of Cleric Stance and heal until everyone is topped off again. Incase everyone was still at full health after I put my DoTs, I would continue DPSing. I also try to remember to put Succor every 30 seconds.
    Is this a good method even if your tank is the main tank in ST? Or do people really prefer for you to stay out of Cleric Stance then?

2. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I don't SCH often enough to dictate that, and I don't have the same play style as you on that class, so I can't really say. However, I recommend in general you focus on healing until you're comfortable with whatever content you're doing and can predict heavy single-target as well as AoE damage.

I realize that there's always Lustrate and Eos, but I still feel that's the way to go about it

3. cinequoinon

cinequoinon Crystal Brave

If no one dies, yep, good method.

4. DarkAshelin

DarkAshelin Crystal Brave

We wiped at the last 10% of the final boss, but I don't think that was my fault. Either way I wasn't DPSing during that part.

5. Caimie Tsukino

Caimie Tsukino Realm Scribe

Server:
    Zalera
    It's rarely a healer's fault in ST wipes, unless the healer is constantly dying. Usually it's DPS's fault of getting hit too much or the tank doing something stupid, like initiating a boss before everyone arrives.

6. ilmaestro

ilmaestro Crystal Brave

For ST I prefer "if no-one dies and you are still able to enjoy whatever you have on Netflix" then yep, good method.

7. cinequoinon

cinequoinon Crystal Brave

Since I'll always dps in ST I personally prefer "if I don't die and I don't fall asleep" then yep, good method.

ilmaestro likes this.