One of the FFXIVCore Displaced...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Fybrile, May 17, 2013.

1. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Cactaur
    Hey All!

My character name is Fybrile Bardiche, and I've been an avid follower of FFXIV since early 2010. I'm a Legacy member who spends hours a day pining for the re-release of the game, and checking up on the forums. I found out about this site from the post over at FFXIVCore, and I have really liked what I've seen of FFXIVRealm so far! I'm looking forward to getting to know you all, and entering a Realm Reborn with a great community!

See you all in the forums, and soon, in game!

2. Danforth Wright

Danforth Wright Crystal Brave

We're glad to have you! I'm sorry to hear about what Curse did to you guys. I hope we can make things easier for all of you.

3. Vamped

Vamped Administrator

Glad to have you here Fybile! Welcome to the Realm and enjoy the active community!

Danforth Wright likes this.
  4. Joygasm

Joygasm New Member

To be fair, they call themselves Curse.

I jest, welcome aboard.

5. Chaos_Martin

Chaos_Martin Crystal Brave

Server:
    Phoenix
    Welcome good Sir! To the wonderful forums! please, enjoy your stay and carefuller of the odd Goblin or 2.

6. Luko

Luko Scion

Didn't really feel like making a new thread just to say "Yo" so I hijacked one with a fitting title.

Anyway, yo. I'm Luko Marsche from FFXIVcore. I tank stuff. I'll be present from time to time, popping in on interesting threads. You'll see me around, no doubt.

Nice to meet all of you.

Chaos_Martin and Danforth Wright like this.
  7. Danforth Wright

Laziness can be an artform sometimes. /golf clap

Joker likes this.
  8. Vamped

Vamped Administrator

Lol I like the style. Welcome to the Realm

9. Luko

Luko Scion

I like to think I've just about perfected it. Man's gotta be known for something. :cool:

10. Chaos_Martin

Chaos_Martin Crystal Brave

Server:
    Phoenix

Wada up, great we've got our selfs a hijacker, welcome to the forum, heck since there's 2 of you party time!

11. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Cactaur
    Heh, is this the part where all us ex-Corians, sitting lost and alone in a cave in Thanalan, have to fight monsters you cart over for sport?

12. Danforth Wright

lol. In all seriousness though, the core members are super welcome here. Of course not every last member wants this but I hope Corians don't generalize based on one single comment. We're all fans of the game and what Curse did is shameful.

13. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Cactaur
    Most of us ex-Corians are really nice people, and amoung the most dedicated fans of the game. I expect many of them will wait until Jackel or Suirieko make an announcement about their future plans before setting down roots someplace new, but I truly hope they give this site a try. You guys are FFXIVRealm clearly run a great forums!

14. Danforth Wright

Thank you! I wish you would post that on my thread over there lol. Don't feel obligated, I just wish the feeling was more widely felt by the others.

15. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Cactaur
    Heh, I will. My name over there is Mogwai.

I will admit that your thread appeared a bit quickly for a lot of the hardcore fans of that site, who - because the tone of the announcement was a bit bitter and personal - were still mourning the loss of their site. I'm glad you were brave enough to seize the opportunity. I fault the negative response on Suirieko rather than yourself, who should have focused that announcement more upon thanking Corians for sticking around all these years, for the good times we had, and to let us know that a new day was just upon the horizon, rather than focusing blame on the parent company. Websites get closed all the time - that's business -, and its sad that Curse took their support away from FFXIV: ARR, but at this stage in the game's redevelopment, I think we all want to focus on a bright, new day full of possibilities, renew and rebuild, rather than mire in injustices. FFXIVCore was a community, not a website. We shouldn't get hung up on what is unchangeable. Instead, I hope we move towards creating a new, better community - one that will have weathered this storm together.

For me, of the several sites I've checked out over the years, this seemed to be the place I wanted to move forward to. And, as you will soon see, I will say something to this effect over there, and add my voice to FFXIVRealm.

Vamped, Luko and Danforth Wright like this.
  16. Danforth Wright

Wow thank you! It was quick... I knew it was a risk but once people calm down it will make more sense. There just isn't enough time to restart now. Totally not the admins/mods fault.

17. JMATAWWCL

JMATAWWCL Moderator

Server:
    Mateus
    Welcome ... to all of the people who introduced themselves in this thread (2 of you?) :O