Post your latest/greatest accomplishment in FFXIV

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AgelessDaisy, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Yojubo

Yojubo Adventurer

Tried to kill Odin with my new Ullikummi Supra.

ilmaestro and Caimie Tsukino like this.
  2. Jinzuku

Jinzuku Vice Administrator

Server:
    Phoenix
    Finally got Builder of the Realm :D

3. racooperii

racooperii Warrior of Light

Server:
    Brynhildr
    One of us, one of us!

Jinzuku likes this.
  4. AG779

AG779 Adventurer

Beat Haukke Manor last night. Yay, but, I feel really bad. Met a random out in the wild, so, we hooked up and I mentioned I was working my way there for story line, he needed to do it, so we entered together with two people from DF that seemed to know each other. We let them know we were new, I was a WHM and my "friend" was the tank. It was really bad at first, they tried to vote kick him, but I wouldn't vote, one guy really, his friend was like we can do this. We gave the tank some tips, he did get much better. We wiped twice. He couldn't keep aggro, it was bad, really, but, I was okay to try and let him learn, the other guy "kick happy" was really upset that he left the whole group of mobs on me for more than 2 minutes +I died, then everyone else died, then new tank didn't come back I thought he left, so we did an afk kick. They got a friend to tank, we beat it in like 5 minutes (it was fast) he never lost aggro. I leave the manor and newbie random is outside. I felt really bad. I talk to him a bit. He'd only been playing for 5 days. I feel really, really bad. I'm glad I passed it, but I feel like a traitor for voting. I have learned. :/

5. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I'm betting your friend was level 28/29. Get him to level 30 to become a PLD. Check his gear to ensure that it's not too far from 30 (especially his sword) and try out Haukke with him again. Give me a shout and I'll happily go with and I'm certain we could find another 4th in the FC to help him thru :)

racooperii and AG779 like this.
  6. AG779

AG779 Adventurer

He was a 29, dressed in purple. Head to toe. LOL. I'm going to try to find him again. He was really trying....Thanks

Hermes and GeekMatt like this.
  7. DarkAshelin

DarkAshelin Crystal Brave

I hope you managed to give him some tips and make him feel a bit better again ^^'

8. AG779

AG779 Adventurer

I tried. I told him I thought he left, and I apologized. He was trying to read up on stuff. But, for 5 days, I thought he did really well.

9. racooperii

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Sounds like a tough spot to be in for sure. I wouldn't feel too bad about it, if he neglected to inform the party he was going AFK to look things up, its somewhat his fault.

Everything else though sounds pretty bad for him. I dislike players who feel entitled to vote new players out simply because they are new.

10. DarkAshelin

DarkAshelin Crystal Brave

I know right? Was doing some sidequests and entered a dungeon for the first time. I typed "Hi everyone ^^ first-timer here, anything I should know?" at about the same time as someone else said "I hope you know what to do", which was then followed by a "asking 'anything I should know?' should be a bannable offense."

Way to start off ._.

GeekMatt likes this.
  11. racooperii

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I always look at search info to see what kind of party Im dealing with. Someone with a level 50, probably wants a quick run in low level content, same with levels beyond that dungeon. People at the dungeon level, probably have no idea what they are doing and are my preferred players to play with.

Of course there are exceptions, a level 50 player who doesnt know how to do their job I have no patience for...same for new players who won't take advise or even try to play right.

Usually by the 3rd pull I know what Im dealing with and how I want to react to it.

But in my recent accomplishments, I have finally moved my Chocobo into a Red Hue from Orange(Blech!)!

12. Caimie Tsukino

Caimie Tsukino Realm Scribe

Server:
    Zalera
    You should get him onto this forum so that GeekMatt, racooperii and the rest of us can help him out :)

GLA is pretty tough to play if he had no prior experience in this game. And sometimes, it's not just "him". There could be other things involved, like being undergeared, or DPS not focusing on the #1 mob that a PLD is targeting, or a THM not going easy on the first few seconds, or an Archer popping like 3 buffs at once etc.

racooperii likes this.
  13. racooperii

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Haukke is a big turning point, just as much as Brayflox imo.

Its a great dungeon to learn how to deal with Patrols, Ranged Mobs, Undergeared Tanks and Overgeared DPS.

Its also rather unforgiving as the last dungeon most people use a Class in and move to a Job. A lot of people forget that Gld/Mrd are still lacking vital tools to maintain hate, with DPS around a similar level, let alone Synced players.

If you see him do try to get him on here or let me run a dungeon with you. With a majority a vote kick is impossible!

14. AG779

AG779 Adventurer

I looked for him today, he wasn't on. If I see him again, I'll invite him. :)

15. Tarathiel

Tarathiel Crystal Brave

downed t10 tonight xD and i got the earring (im the one in the middle!)[​IMG]

ilmaestro, Jinzuku, Hermes and 4 others like this.
  16. Hermes

Hermes Scion

Thyrus Nexus, DONE!!!!!

ilmaestro, Jinzuku, AG779 and 3 others like this.
  17. cinequoinon

cinequoinon Crystal Brave

18. racooperii

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Keep it away from Eva 001!

Good job though, that looks fricking schweet!

cinequoinon and Caimie Tsukino like this.
  19. Caimie Tsukino

Caimie Tsukino Realm Scribe

Server:
    Zalera
    I am almost positive their appearances are going to shine with upgrades in future patches. Seeing how I still haven't started Atma yet, I think I'm just gonna wait for the next "short cut" in future patches. :coffee:

AG779 likes this.
  20. racooperii

Server:
    Brynhildr
    :haha:Late to the party but Ramuh HM and Garuda EX, DOWNED!

Now time for Titan EX...:ermahgerd: