White Mage Does anyone else....

Discussion in 'Disciples of Magic' started by AG779, Jan 12, 2015.

1. AG779

AG779 Adventurer

Love to randomly heal people in the wild? Some may get annoyed, IDK, but, I live for it. Ooooh and to find someone dead and I get to raise them? Awesome! It's been a great way to meet really nice people. I hate using potions and think it would be so nice if a random heal saved me some Gil and heart speed. LOL. But, alas I have not been so lucky on my tanking ventures.

I am getting better at getting aggro in fates, now, if a random would heal me, it would be awesome.

2. DarkAshelin

DarkAshelin Crystal Brave

Hah yes I'm with you :D Whenever I see someone struggling in the wild, I pop a quick heal and hopefully make their day ^^

3. Solanales

Solanales Crystal Brave

Usually if I'm cruising around as my main, all it takes is a quick pop off of the mount and a regen to get a lower level through a fight. It's kind of nice to see when they appreciate it. I used to do a lot of raising of folks in the wild, but I honestly spend much less time outside of cities now that I'm 50.

I'm okay with that though as I still take the opportunities when they arise... It's cool being the life giver ;)

Jinzuku, GeekMatt and AG779 like this.
  4. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I randomly Stoneskin newbies who still have the leafs next to their names.

5. AG779

AG779 Adventurer

I had a lvl 50 do that to me. I felt so cool. ***gasp*** I was noticed! ***swoon**** :)

shahdhch and GeekMatt like this.
  6. CJ_pt

CJ_pt Crystal Brave

If I happen to see anyone alone in a Fate or a tiny group of people, I usually stand aside and heal them until it is done ^^

7. Crimson Requiem

Crimson Requiem Scion

StoneSkin + Regen is more fun. XD I believe there is a achievement for randomly raising a certain amount of dead people. XD

Jinzuku, AG779 and racooperii like this.
  8. racooperii

racooperii Warrior of Light

Server:
    Brynhildr
    There is at that!

Im rarely a healer, but if I see someone struggling in a fight, Ill murk it...I do want that achievement though, I think you get a title...I like titles.

9. AG779

AG779 Adventurer

I got something for that. Can't remember what it was.

10. DarkAshelin

DarkAshelin Crystal Brave

I got the achievement 2 days ago, don't think I got any title.

11. Ish

Ish Scion

Server:
    Leviathan
    Yes, yes i do.
    I love helping out in general and often even help out players in need of certain fates.
    Yeah i also received the achievement a while back which was a nice bonus :)
    There is no title for it however, not that i can recall.

AG779 likes this.
  12. racooperii

racooperii Warrior of Light

Server:
    Brynhildr
    *sigh* Guess I leave the dirt nappers alone.

13. Caimie Tsukino

Caimie Tsukino Realm Scribe

Server:
    Zalera
    You'd be surprised...
    For a longggg time, I was only a level 13 Conjurer. But I would still raise random dead people in the wild.
    I would tell them "Don't worry! I'll raise you! Give me a min to have the skill cooldown!" :)

AG779 likes this.
  14. Ivy

Ivy Bounty Hunter II

Server:
    Gilgamesh
    I did this once with a random 43 NIN (he went up and started attacking certain ones for his hunting log, took aggro as I was gathering them up) during my pull to spiritbond in Eastern La Noscea (the 48-50 mobs there, Wineport aetheryte). I went on my merry way after, didn't even stop to wonder why a low level NIN would be there. I walked out of one of my mass pull rooms in time to see him dead and go back to his home point aetheryte.
    Oops.
    Since I'm typically afk in the Mist I generally don't see people to heal, sadly. Though I admit it makes me scared to heal people sometimes since strangers lash out over silly things on MMOs.

AG779 likes this.
  15. AG779

AG779 Adventurer

It just popped up as an achievement.

16. ilmaestro

ilmaestro Crystal Brave

I like to just wave to people and send the Fairy over to them to check if they're really dead or not.

Perhaps this is why I heal on SCH and not WHM...

delta5ff likes this.
  17. delta5ff

delta5ff Scion

I remember when I was starting out not long after the relaunch. I was on ps3 at the time. I was doing something in lower la nocia or however it's spelt. Wasn't even level 20 yet I believe. Anyway I was on the beach with all the ather crystals and stuff and there was this really high level melee class kiting something big and scary around. He may have been a tank but I'm not sure. Anyway back on track they were both mid 40 ish and the other guy was nearly dead and trying his hardest not to die or loss ago. I started chucking my puny cures at him that b early touched his health bar. Don't Evan think I had cure 2 at the time. But it must have been enough because it enabled him to stop kiting and stand his ground when he realised he had back up. After he beat it he bowed to me in thanks and went on his way thankful for the low level conjure who stopped to help.

And for me it was one of the defining moments of the game. Right from the start I wanted a class that would allow me to just stop what I'm doing and lend a hand to those in need and here I was helping someone with more than twice my levels beat something up that could insta gib me. I always stop when I see someone struggling to fight there mobs. It's fun and it makes me feel like part of a community, alone we are weak, but when we stand together we can accomplish the impossible

18. AG779

AG779 Adventurer

That is so how I feel.

19. Laventious

Laventious Crystal Brave

I usually raise when they shout or cure them on my smn from time to time I also gave out 100k each to 5 newbies :D

20. Folant

Folant Adventurer

I do throw a cure and a regen for lower players if I pass and they need.

Don't stick around though, I'm usually going somewhere, and would rather take off swiftly, like a hero in the night!

AG779 likes this.