FFXIV Realm Changelog

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions & Feedback' started by Fybrile, May 3, 2015.

1. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Cactaur
    To Do:
    1. Look into front end options for setting avatar shape.

Realm 2.0.4 - Fixes to the Free Companies Page
    - Show numbers of FCs for individual servers and cumulative region stats on the sidebar
    - Improved renderers, many bug fixes & optimizations
    - Several new features slated for the Realm's 2.1 update.​

Completed:

Archived Change Logs (open)
    Realm 2.0.3
    - Added a "Newest Free Companies" widget to the Home Page
    - Added "Astrologian", "Dark Knight" and "Machinist" prefixes to relevant forums
    - Updated the user title ladder
    - Removed some broken trophies, added missing trophy icons and a trophy for FC creation
    - Removed ads from mobile view
    - Removed post pagination from the navigation bar
    - Removed sticky setting from the sidebar
    - A number of fixes and style changes to the navigation bar
    - Added a welcome modal to guest/unregistered view
    - Added and re-organized various prefixes around the site
    - Edited the podcast media to have consistent titling
    - Fixed an issue with image flickering when hovering over user albums on the Screenshots page
    - Fixed an issue where profile page user names were being split into two lines in mobile views
    - Fixed an issue where inline moderation on profile messages was taking 3 lines on mobile views
    - Increased the number of Recent Threads in the sidebar block
    - Reduced the number of tags in the Trending sidebar block
    - Added several new trophies for the Guide Bounties incentive
    - Added new categories in the Guides Section
    - Fixed an issue wherein Nav Tabs order would rearrange after page loaded
    - Removed nasty CSS hack used to reorder Nav Tabs and put the code directly in the listeners
    - Fixed an issue where Nav Tabs would be ordered differently in mobile off-screen navigation
    - Fixed an issue where some Staff titles weren't displaying in the Staff Online Now block
    - Removed hundreds of lines of extra CSS
    - Small style changes all around the site
    - Many style changes to thread prefixes
    - Removed "class" prefixes​

Realm 2.0.2
    - Removed some lesser-used and unused plugins to save some queries.
    - Fixed some display differences between Limsa, Gridania and Ul'Dah Themes
    - Removed two-column stats on profile overlays due to a plug-in conflict
    - Fixed an issue with button behaviours in the Guides section
    - Removed fixed navigation from mobile screens
    - Removed a few superfluous user custom fields (minecraft, origin and LoL info)
    - Set a max. character limit to server custom fields at 12 to prevent spacing issues.
    - Fixed an issue where Gamer Profile icons were not appearing on member postbits.
    - Removed background color from user avatars in Limsa theme.
    - Fixed some CSS load issues with the Free Companies page.
    - Fixed canonical link issues on the FC Categories block.
    - Fixed an issue where the Limsa Lomisa BGI wasn't appearing
    - Fixed some issues with missing colours on certain BBCodes

Realm 2.0.1
    - Set the login window back to a dropdown instead of a modal window
    - Increased the size of the screenshot images in the Forum Index.
    - Made adjustments to the threshold of several responsive media sizes.
    - Various changes and fixes were made to the Ul'Dah & Gridania themes.
    - Fixed an issue where the user online marker wasn't appearing correctly on their postbit.
    - Removed users' joined date from their message postbit in Ul'Dah and Gridania Themes.
    - Added users' server to their message postbit.
    - Fixed an issue in Realm Legacy theme were extra user info wasn't appearing on their postbit
    - Added "Mac" to "Platforms" options in the user profile info options.
    - Added "Server" to user profile info options.
    - Fixed an issue wherein profile page avatars were not expanding to full width in the Realm Legacy theme.​

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
    Jinzuku and delta5ff like this.
  2. delta5ff

delta5ff Scion

Honestly I didn't notice that this was a problem and I use the legacy theme

3. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Cactaur
    Over the next couple of days, some styling work is being done on the Ul'Dah page in preparation for the Realm 2.0 - Part 2 Update. I was never quite happy with where it was left, and will be putting the finishing touches on until the weekend. Apologies for any inconveniences or temporarily issues this may cause.

Check it out sometime. Let me know what you think of the changes!

Untitled12.png

GeekMatt, Lord Tristem and Jinzuku like this.
  4. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Cactaur
    A few changes worthy of mention:

GeekMatt likes this.
  5. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Yay @ no more background colours! \o/

6. joshua david

joshua david Crystal Brave

Server:
    Cactuar
    idk if this is the proper place but one thing ive noticed lately is that people's title seem to be based on their message count.
    ive been here for 2 years dammit, im not a new member :yell:

ps. keep up the good work!

Jinzuku and Fybrile like this.
  7. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Cactaur
    Heh, it is. That's something that's inherent to Xenforo that we just haven't gotten around to changing. We will come up with new titles soon! Thanks for spotting that!

GeekMatt likes this.
  8. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Cactaur
    I've set aside July as the month of housecleaning here at the Realm; addressing any lingering bugs and some style updates that haven't yet made it to the Legacy theme. I'm hoping you all will be able to help me spot any bugs or issues with any of our themes so that we can work on introducing something new in August. Any changes I make this month in our effort to clean up the code will be listed under Realm 2.0.3. If you spot something and let me know in a post here, I will try to address it immediately.

Please understand if I prioritize PC issues over mobile issues in the short term, as Xenforo isn't exactly a mobile-first platform and with how we have things set up here, issues need to be addressed on the parent PC themes before I can begin to adjust the mobile themes. I will be prioritizing as PC -> mobile phones -> phablets -> tablets. Usually, issues will across devices be addressed simultaneously, but there may be some delay with some display issues on tablets.

Anyways, please feel free to send your feedback and bug sightings! They will help me greatly getting this site back running smoothly for everyone!

delta5ff and Jinzuku like this.
  9. delta5ff

delta5ff Scion

To be honest I wouldn't expect any platform other tan pc to take the top spot in your priority list since I'm guessing by far your biggest user base is using the pc. For me using my phone is the easiest way to access this site but I imagine that I'm in the minority. But nevertheless you've fixed any bugs I've seen on mobile really quickly. For that you have my thanks and I'll continue to do whatever is within my capabilities to help the best FFXIV site ever to grow and get better

Fybrile likes this.
  10. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Cactaur

Well, I took my sweet-ass time about it, but I finally got around to updating those user titles. I did away with the "New Member" / "Well-Known Member" style of titling because I felt it was divisive and (frankly) really difficult to reflect accurately. There are well-known members that have only been around for a short while, and many more anonymous members that have been around since the beginning. So, instead of using types of members as the user titles, I've used some FFXIV titles instead. Because I don't think it's posted elsewhere, please be aware that user titles are awarded by number of trophy points. Here's the full ladder:

1. New Member (0-9)
    2. Adventurer (10-19)
    3. Crystal Brave (20-29)
    4. Scion (30-39)
    5. Warrior of Light (40-49)
    6. Zodiac Brave (50+)

Currently, no one has more than 50 trophy points (as far as I know), so I may add more titles in the future, or adjust the point values as needed. Hope this is an improvement.

Also, I began the housecleaning today, beginning with Trophies. I've removed some trophies that weren't working correctly (almost all of them related to social media association), added some icons for a few trophies that were missing them, and threw in a new trophy while I was at it for FC creation.

Enjoy!~

11. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I'm at 49 lol
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 3, 2015, Original Post Date: Jul 3, 2015 ---
    For the sake of future ideas; We went with a similar, but slightly different set of ranks for our FC.

Adventurer - newbie
    Zodiac Brave - full member
    Zodiak Saint - level 50 DoL/DoH (for chest purposes)
    Zodiac Knight - standard officer
    Zodiac Light - officer in charge of our Newbie Love program

There's also Gardener, Omega and King Newb (last 2 are full privileges). Could also do Hydaelyns right hand, Headalyns Sword, fury, etc. poster of light, gift of the 12 (I think it's 12?), Eikon, Aether, etc.

delta5ff and Fybrile like this.
  12. delta5ff

delta5ff Scion

:bling:Ooo straight in at scion for me. I didn't think I'd be that high.
    Err... how many more months will it be until you run out of top poster trophies for me to win:what:

Jinzuku and GeekMatt like this.
  13. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Planned retirement

Fybrile and delta5ff like this.
  14. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Cactaur
    That's it... you got the trifecta... maybe we'll add more trophies in the future, but for now that's it. :apology:

Jinzuku likes this.
  15. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Cactaur
    All the cleaning up around the site and style tweaks from the 2.0.3 update have been completed on the Limsa Lominsa theme, and will begin appearing in tandem across the Ul'Dah and Gridanian themes soon. If you're using either of our dark themes, some things maybe look a bit janky over the next couple of days. Please be patient, and I'll have it looking better than ever soon. As for the Legacy theme, I'll likely spend a little time tidying it up near the end of the month, and then leave it as is. Once it's at a state I'm happy with, it will no longer be supported. I'll make sure everyone knows the moment it has achieved that state.

As for 2.0.3, some quick highlights:

- A bunch of changes to thread prefixes around the site.
    - Updated the user title ladder, got rid of some trophies and added new ones.
    - A bunch of small but big changes to sticky navigation.
    - Added a welcome block for unregistered guests and a couple other widgets here and there.
    - Some slight optimization of the load times around the site.
    - Fixed about two dozen bugs, issues and annoyances.

Jinzuku and delta5ff like this.
  16. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Cactaur

Realm 2.0.4
    - Fixes to the Free Companies Page

- Show numbers of FCs for individual servers and cumulative region stats on the sidebar
    - Improved renderers, many bug fixes & optimizations
    - Several new features slated for the Realm's 2.1 update.

Jinzuku likes this.