First gaming memory?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Sithius, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Sithius

Sithius Crystal Brave

Mine was when I was around 4-5 years old. I woke up and my dad or someone bought a NES and was playing Mario/Duck Hunt.

My life was never the same since then.

2. nz_chic

nz_chic Crystal Brave

I had original game boy the thick heavy grey one with joust on it and just before that super Nintendo with 5 mario games in one cartridge.
    Then pokemon blue.
    Then playstation and crash bandicoot 3.
    The list goes on ive almost had everything.. im not old enough to have played mame or atari though. .

3. satou

satou Adventurer

This first game I ever played with was Centipede or astroid on the PC
    Then with an console which was an Nintendo as the Mario brothers and Duck hunt then it was on the super Nintendo with super mario brothers and all its glory along with Donkey Kong.

Then it was pokemon blue for the gameboy color

So on and so forth.

4. Exire

Exire Crystal Brave

I have no idea what the first video game I played was. Super Mario Bros. perhaps? My first system was the SNES, if only I knew. I never would have gotten rid of that system. I remember walking from dot to dot on the 'map' in one of the SNES Mario games. Bright colors, wonderful sound effects that will never leave me haha. Such bizarre sounds Yoshi makes, what the hell is that? The levels felt really different too. Climbing fences inside a castle, underwater, riding on Yoshi...good times.

Or was it Donkey Kong Country? Derp. :bored:

5. Fate

Fate New Member

Mario and Duck Hunt as well. Vaguely remember it but I used to play them at my neighbor's house.

Then when I got my SNES, it was Mario, again. Can't say those days were very nostalgic for me, but they helped build up the "wow" factor for N64. Ocarina of Time, GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, Mario Kart 64, Diddy Kong Racing, Mario Party, etc... Now those were good times! The glory days I'd kill to go back to. Actually, now that I really think of it, I remember getting serious into Mortal Kombat and the Donkey Kong's for SNES. Other than those two, I can't say I really miss anything from that console.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
    MarinaLile likes this.
  6. JMATAWWCL

JMATAWWCL Moderator

Server:
    Mateus
    One of the earliest gaming memories I have is watching my father play Legend of Zelda on the NES.

I can also remember waking up at 1am and playing Friday the 13th on the NES and scaring the ever-loving crap out of myself. I remember not being able to beat Jason Voorhees and getting extremely frustrated.

Brandon Copeland and MarinaLile like this.
  7. Bob Stockapotapoulos

Bob Stockapotapoulos Crystal Brave

I was playing Super Mario Bros. in my local grocery store. Geez, that was a long time ago.

8. Sir Smoopsy

Sir Smoopsy Adventurer

I was really young. I had chickenpox and my mother didn't want me stratching. So they set me up playing the NES, and learned of a new world called Legend of Zelda. Sure, it got me to stop scratching.. But I never did go back to that old boring life.

9. Ignoscant

Ignoscant Adventurer

Street Fighter 1. I remember mashing as a bald shaolin monk (? vague memory) kicked the crap out of my stationary barely moving Ryu.

Then I threw a fireball; and my life was to change forever.

10. Illithar

Illithar Crystal Brave

What I think is my first gaming memory is when I was but a toddler. I creeped/toddler-walked my little self downstairs and fired up "Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers" on floppy disk on more than one occasion. Playing Super Mario and Duck Hunt on N.E.S. is also among my earliest gaming memories.

11. Magical Storm

Magical Storm Adventurer

12. Ignoscant

Ignoscant Adventurer

Am I the only one old enough to have started in the coin arcade? =(

13. Zephyrus34

Zephyrus34 Adventurer

I think I was like, 5? Anyways went to my Grandma's place, kids running around, and my uncle's room was the hotspot, my older bro had VIP into his room to game, one day I was allowed, access, and wham! MK 2, the goriness! Lol

14. Kitsu_Foxrun87

Kitsu_Foxrun87 Crystal Brave

Server:
    Balmung
    I was a little kid when my mother got me the Sega Genesis system that came packaged with Sonic the hedgehog 2....from then on it was playstation 1, FF7, Metal Gear Solid, PS2, PS3....and here I am. 25 and still gaming :)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  15. ll Dan G ll

ll Dan G ll Adventurer

Like many others my first experience was Super Mario on the NES:)

Who would have thought that an 8-Bit Italian plumber would have such an impact on our lives:D

Magical Storm likes this.
  16. Rory

Rory Adventurer

Space Invaders on those old bigass computers, lol.

17. Casamyr

Casamyr Adventurer

Nope. Though my earliest memory's predate arcades. I remember buying magazines and then spending half an hour typing out the code in the mag in order to play the game....and then marvelling at the graphics. :woot:

18. AlexToff

AlexToff Adventurer

My first memory is playing an ooold light gun game with my dad on what was probably the Coleco Telstar Marksman. It would have been around 1983 (I was 3 years old). After that, I remember the awesomeness of a portable Tron game (probably 1984-ish... maybe). It was this amazing thing
    (not my video). :happy:

Modern games actually don't impress me much. I'm waiting for something revolutionary... a drastic technological advancement.

19. Rena

Rena Crystal Brave

I been playing video games before I can remember so I cant really say I remember my first video game. But I do remember the first video game that touched me. It would be Klonoa for PSX. I remember that ending, I literally cried for hours, such a painful feeling.

20. Kreizy

Kreizy Adventurer

Wanted to write something short about the gameboy and NES but ended up writing down my whole gaming history so I scrapped it. :dead:

So yeah. Gameboy first, after that the NES (games such as mario, zelda, duck hunt, etc. like most people mentioned here).
    The game that left the biggest impression on me during my child years was Secret of Mana (SNES). Dat intro music. *-*

MarinaLile likes this.