Gamepads

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Passion71, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Passion71

Passion71 New Member

Have recently launched FFXIV free trial. Interested in purchasing however like to try first.
    I now have a problem.
    Like to play with a gamepad. Have a Logitech WingMan Rumble Pad which I have set up & ok with Win 10, working. However, into the game this gamepad will not work. Any help?

Also would an older PS2 controller work with an adapter to USB?

Mouse & keyboard do work. What is a good reliable gamepad controller to use with FFXIV online?

Appreciate any help to make this WingMan Pad usable in FFXIV.

Happy Gaming !

2. Jinzuku

Jinzuku Vice Administrator

Server:
    Phoenix
    There's an option in the Menu to toggle between K&M and Controller settings.
    I've never done it but that could be why?
    I play on console, so I know the game is configured to accept a PS4 and PS5 controller.

Passion71 likes this.
  3. Passion71

Passion71 New Member

Thanx. Will try that option in the menu. I have never upgraded from my PS2 console. Not sure it would work PC online with an older PS2 controller and a USB adapter.
    Will let you know if it works with the selection in the Menu.

4. Passion71

Passion71 New Member

I toggled to controller but still no movement with this WingMan Rumble Controller. Still K&M work, even in controller mode?????

5. Jinzuku

Server:
    Phoenix
    Maybe the toggle only changes the settings visible then? Sorry, I've never touched the toggle as I've always used a controller.
    Honestly, it sounds like it's a case of not using a supported controller. You may need to acquire a PS4 or PS5 controller.
    The game was on PS3 but it doesn't support that console anymore so it might not support that controller either.

6. Passion71

Passion71 New Member

I know you always use the controller. Seems like this Logitech WingMan is not supported. Think I will have to get a PS4 or 5 controller off amazon. I have a PS2 but sure it will not support that controller, if PS3 console is not supported.

7. Passion71

Passion71 New Member

I have ordered a clone PS4 controller off Amazon. Should get it start of next week. Hopefully will work !

Jinzuku likes this.
  8. Jinzuku

Server:
    Phoenix
    My fingers are crossed for you

9. Passion71

Passion71 New Member

So got a RegeMoudal PS4 controller. Actually very similar to actual PS4. It is wireless, not sure if it works wireless with FFXIV online but with USB cord & using DS4 for windows acts as Xboxcontroller, works well, like it. No sound or vibration/rumble, think have to use cable with PC, not sure if it works wireless with PC.