Gamepads

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Passion71, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Passion71

Passion71 New Member

Top Poster Of Month

Have recently launched FFXIV free trial. Interested in purchasing however like to try first.
    I now have a problem.
    Like to play with a gamepad. Have a Logitech WingMan Rumble Pad which I have set up & ok with Win 10, working. However, into the game this gamepad will not work. Any help?

Also would an older PS2 controller work with an adapter to USB?

Mouse & keyboard do work. What is a good reliable gamepad controller to use with FFXIV online?

Appreciate any help to make this WingMan Pad usable in FFXIV.

Happy Gaming !

2. Jinzuku

Jinzuku Vice Administrator

Server:
    Phoenix
    There's an option in the Menu to toggle between K&M and Controller settings.
    I've never done it but that could be why?
    I play on console, so I know the game is configured to accept a PS4 and PS5 controller.

Passion71 likes this.
  3. Passion71

Passion71 New Member

Top Poster Of Month

Thanx. Will try that option in the menu. I have never upgraded from my PS2 console. Not sure it would work PC online with an older PS2 controller and a USB adapter.
    Will let you know if it works with the selection in the Menu.

4. Passion71

Passion71 New Member

Top Poster Of Month

I toggled to controller but still no movement with this WingMan Rumble Controller. Still K&M work, even in controller mode?????

5. Jinzuku

Server:
    Phoenix
    Maybe the toggle only changes the settings visible then? Sorry, I've never touched the toggle as I've always used a controller.
    Honestly, it sounds like it's a case of not using a supported controller. You may need to acquire a PS4 or PS5 controller.
    The game was on PS3 but it doesn't support that console anymore so it might not support that controller either.

6. Passion71

Passion71 New Member

Top Poster Of Month

I know you always use the controller. Seems like this Logitech WingMan is not supported. Think I will have to get a PS4 or 5 controller off amazon. I have a PS2 but sure it will not support that controller, if PS3 console is not supported.

7. Passion71

Passion71 New Member

Top Poster Of Month

I have ordered a clone PS4 controller off Amazon. Should get it start of next week. Hopefully will work !

Jinzuku likes this.
  8. Jinzuku

Server:
    Phoenix
    My fingers are crossed for you

9. Passion71

Passion71 New Member

Top Poster Of Month

So got a RegeMoudal PS4 controller. Actually very similar to actual PS4. It is wireless, not sure if it works wireless with FFXIV online but with USB cord & using DS4 for windows acts as Xboxcontroller, works well, like it. No sound or vibration/rumble, think have to use cable with PC, not sure if it works wireless with PC.