Getting Started

Discussion in 'Crafters & Gatherers' started by abra, Jan 9, 2016.

1. abra

abra New Member

Server:
    Goblin
    Hi All,

So I am just starting to be a Weaver (think I'm lvl 6), and i get the impression i should pick up Botany , but not sure if i just go register with the Guild in Gridania or if its something that will be offered as a level Weaving more?

I've tried googling this, but everything i find just makes my head spin lol, is there a simplified beginners guide somewhere that i am missing?

Thanks for reading.

2. racooperii

racooperii Warrior of Light

Server:
    Brynhildr
    You should be able to level up to level 15 using the vendors in the Weavers Guild and Leve Quests.

I would also suggest you level up all crafting to 15 for the cross class skills that make it much easier to raise your HQ rate.

abra likes this.
  3. Meyu

Meyu Adventurer

Server:
    Brynhildr
    It depends on what you want to do. The way I'm doing it is leveling Botany/Mining up a bit first. You can wait till you have a good amount of gil so you can buy stuff too for crafting. No way I'm going to collect everything for leveling my crafters, I'd rather just buy it.

abra likes this.
  4. Caimie Tsukino

Caimie Tsukino Realm Scribe

Server:
    Zalera
    I'd pick up Botany for now from Gridania. It never hurts to pick up a new gathering class. You got nothing to lose. But you can get stuff for free. The only catch is that you need to carry around the tool and some clothes.

Concerning a beginner's guide, the following may help you out later when you reach around level 10 to 13:
    http://ffxivrealm.com/threads/tricks-for-beginner-crafters-lvl-20-or-lower.12584/

abra likes this.