Hello, complete newbie

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Romez, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Romez

Romez Adventurer

Hello,
    How is everyone today? Based on some suggestions from my friends I decided to pick up the ffxiv and give it a try. I am a complete beginner when it comes to the FF series, I think the only one I played was the ff7. I am on the leviathan server, and if there any free companies that would welcome and would like a complete newbie like me I am all game for it. I like socializing and shooting the brieze while playing the game. I try my best and will do my best in the game but at the same time, real life does have its pull and obligations so hope people will not get upset at that fact. Hope to have fun while progressing with everyone, and I will be asking a lot of questions due to me almost not knowing anything. Any suggestions, tips or any help is always welcome. Thank you for taking your time to read this. Name in game is Death Taxes, due to my weird sense of humor, lol decided to name myself after two things we can never really escape lol. Hope to have fun with you all.

Jedrek likes this.
  2. Jedrek

Jedrek Crystal Brave

Well I wish ya the best! I am currently on Brynhildr so I can't friend you in the game...but consider me a friend here! :D

3. Romez

Romez Adventurer

Sounds great, thank you very much, are there more popular services and less popular ones, or is it pretty evenly across the board?

4. Jedrek

Jedrek Crystal Brave

What would you mean by services? :)

5. Romez

Romez Adventurer

servers* lol haha sorry

6. Jedrek

Jedrek Crystal Brave

Lol oh no worries. Well maaaaan....to be honest we are all over the place. I can't say where everyone really is since I usually spend my time in the Brynhildr Sub forums and the 'Intros'.

I know of atleast...7 of us on the Brynhildr forum. There are also quote a few on Leviathan and Lanka :)

7. Romez

Romez Adventurer

Yea trying to find a friendly company on leviathan

8. Jedrek

Jedrek Crystal Brave

I'm sure you will find one if you keep looking. If not you are always welcome to come on over to Brynhildr and join us ^^

GeekMatt likes this.
  9. Romez

Romez Adventurer

Yea i might do that..hm

10. Jedrek

Jedrek Crystal Brave

If you decide to do that send me a convo so I. Am get you set up :).

11. Comrade Questions

Comrade Questions Adventurer

Hey Romez,

Sorry if there's one thing this game requires its for you to shut out all other responsibilities. Kidding! The only hard part is the game can get rather addicting, but from what I've seen the FF MMO community is filled with all-sorts of individuals with hobbies like rock-climbing, biking or even just family time and whatnot, so you shouldn't feel bad for neglecting the game for a few days here and there. As someone else put it (I believe in the Tribe thread), it's a marathon, not a sprint. As far as Free Companies go on Leviathan, I will admit Tribe has been pretty awesome (and I only joined a few days ago, still "under review"), although the application process is pretty drawn out, it's also what makes the FC better than many of the others I've seen IMO.

Enjoy the game up to lvl50 as well, there are always people to play with who are new or even lvling other characters and classes (thus basically starting from the beginning).

12. Maggie May

Maggie May Crystal Brave

Welcome Romez!!! People are pretty friendly here so If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask!

13. Romez

Romez Adventurer

Thank you for everyones kindness and i definitely will be doing, lots of questions to ask

14. Lodius

Lodius Crystal Brave

Welcome Romez! I to share your sense of naming convention humor.

I went with "Sai Kosis" ...

welcome again

15. Romez

Romez Adventurer

Touche sir, Touche lol i like that one

Lodius likes this.
  16. Gara Bloodreaver

Gara Bloodreaver Scion

I think someone should come to ultra populated Lamia

17. Romez

Romez Adventurer

Lol ah really? I was actually wondering if there were better or more worse servers to start on?

18. Gara Bloodreaver

Gara Bloodreaver Scion

Not really better or worse. You never really know what you're gunna get. The only thing that can be guaranteed is to pick a server in your region (NA EU JP) for better ping time. Thats about it. We are all spread across different srvers on here though Brynhildr and Leviathan seem to have more members from this forum followed by Faerie I think. Lamia has a very high population, unfortunately only myself and Shroomie seem to post on this forum from our server.

19. Romez

Romez Adventurer

ah oh ok thank you

20. Gara Bloodreaver

Gara Bloodreaver Scion

So when are you transfering to Lamia so I can send a limo to pick you up?