Makes me sick

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Lucien McFly, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Moonlight Aqua

Moonlight Aqua Adventurer

Let me stop you there, Miley is being ridiculed because she made an arse of herself. Being yourself isn't taking drugs and acting like a prostitute in front of national tv. Being yourself is when you are being your authentic self, you know what I mean? That nothing outside you is making you do things. For example, children. Young children, nothing outside them is telling them anything. They don't care what the girl next to her is wearing or what the other children are talking about, all they care is about what they like, what they do, what they want. Miley is being influenced by the media, drugs and other things that was added up as she grew up on TV. If she didn't start this downward spiral because she wanted to stick it to her father, I bet she would be like the child stars that were successful after tv. Two I know that are a good example are Hilary Duff and Raven Seymone. Both were on TV, growing up, but they ended up doing well after wards. Both are happily married and with children, living happily.

What I tell my kids is this, be yourself, to NOT be influenced by others. You can be yourself, but not be influenced. Yes, there will be bullies or family who tell you things, but if you keep at it, nothing anyone says will stop you. I told this to my niece, the oldest just started middle school and she's having a better experience than me. I was one of the kids that was bullied all the time for what I was wearing or what I liked. I even let that s**t go to my head as I grew up making me twisted inside. But after while I stopped because I just want to do what I want not because of others. And since then, I've been a happier person. Sure, I say stupid s**t sometimes and I get ridiculed, but I just keep on going.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  2. Pure Lucid

Pure Lucid Crystal Brave

Server:
    Sargantanas
    I still think she's just rebelling against her old self image on purpose even if it does create a national scene of either... disgust or impurity.

If I was a Disney mutation, possibly, yes.... I'd strongly would consider that option as well! lol

3. If I was a Disney mutation I would fill up a swimming pool with $100 bills and swim in it.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 3, 2013 ---
    Honestly, I blame Billy Ray Cyrus and that mullet of his.

Pure Lucid likes this.
  4. Pure Lucid

Pure Lucid Crystal Brave

Server:
    Sargantanas
    Swimming in a pool of $100 dollars sounds awesome!
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 3, 2013 ---
    [​IMG]

5. Dragon

Dragon Scion

Moonlight Aqua, I'll just make it simple. Maybe you were being sincere, maybe not - what I said was not solely in response to you, but it was that I merely quoted you because you brought it up to begin with.

If you were sincere about it, then there's nothing to argue about. Otherwise, what I said still stands.

I'd bet the same too since I find that there is nothing more repugnant or disgusting than the Disney princess lineup, except for well other Disney lineups. For all Walt Disney was a visionary of, the modern-day Disney is nothing in comparison.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  6. Moonlight Aqua

I was being sincere.

Dragon likes this.
  7. Dragon

Dragon Scion

Cool, makes me regret what I had posted in a fairly decent way. Thank you.

8. Moonlight Aqua

Don't regret it, it was your opinion. :3

I just feel strongly about what I said, that's all. :3

Dragon likes this.
  9. Lucien McFly

Lucien McFly Crystal Brave

Well it doesnt even have to Miley in general they have tv shows that target the younger age groups, classic disney movies have subliminal messages and all that, but everyone should know about that. Justin bieber for example they got him even when he was still a kid and millions of fans flocked to him, and followed his every move, if he said hey you go jump off that bridge i bet his fans wouldve done it. Its all just a matter of how subjugative americas youth are, in this case VERY. Even if its not kids shows or idols its going to be something else wether its movies politics and all that evil stuff. And not trying to get you all worried but in the present day elementary school and middle school arent bad just wait till high school to worry. For example my sister has played the flute for years almost 4 i think and now that shes going into highschool next year she doesnt want to continue with it why you ask? Well i asked that same question and even wemt as far to say is it because of the titlw of band geek(which is why i think she doesnt want to do it) she said because its not fun anymore, so i countered with then why still do it? Left her speech less. And she isnt one to be influenced just like her older bro(me :D).

How many of you have watched zero dark thirty? Ill show ya how subjective we americans are and dont even know it.

10. Moonlight Aqua

True, but all we can do is hope that at least some of these kids are smart enough to not do what others are doing. Kids are very suggestive, especially my nieces. When they were smaller they wanted to be like Hannah Montana and Disney stars, but then they got older and it seems that they know more than to follow the crowd, but I'm prob just speculating. All I can do is guide them as they get older, hoping they listen to their old dear aunt. :3

11. Brahma

Brahma Crystal Brave

LEAVE MILEY ALONE! :balling: :balling: :balling:

Idunno. I thought it was okay until she started getting frisky with the foam finger; I thought that was a little much.

But, eh. Nobody would care if it wasn't Hannah Montanna, so whatever.

Exire likes this.
  12. Exire

Exire Crystal Brave

Current modern music just sucks anyway. Though I never did understand why or how musicians ever were anybody's role models. I have a lot of love and respect for the older rock musicians from the 60's through the 90's but I certainly didn't want to be like them. Mostly since they all killed themselves with drugs, alcohol, excess, or a gun to the head. It's different times, but the drugs are just as prevalent. Not that Miley does those things, the point just being that besides seeming 'cool', there isn't really anything inspiring about these people. It's all voice edited and auto-tuned anyway, I'm hard pressed to hear an instrument that requires a human to actually physically play. The Grammy's or MTV awards are a glorified popularity contest with very little talent besides Gaga, Adele, and maybe Jason Mraz. I actually hate the latter's music, but he really sings and plays the guitar, he's an endangered species, we must protect him!

Well, there may be one inspiring thing I could take away from all this insanity, not just from Miley but just in general in recent years. I am SO wearing a meat dress for Halloween. I should stay indoors though. The neighborhood dogs can have Bacon Bits, but I'd prefer if they stayed away from my meat bits. :eek:

13. ancientdeity

ancientdeity Crystal Brave

[​IMG]