MMO etiquette?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The47thSen, Aug 23, 2013.

1. DejaVu

DejaVu Adventurer

I see tons of people in mmo's just shout asking for money cause they're new. Then when you have nice looking gear on i get /tells for it because they think you're rich.

2. Tarathiel

Tarathiel Crystal Brave

not the classy ones

3. Rink

Rink Adventurer

Oh wow. I'm going to enjoy PvE SO much more in this game than I did in WoW, then. People were always like "omGERD your dps is only (x amount)?!?!? You fckin SUCK." *kicked*

:sorry:

Illithar and Nyanoh like this.
  4. LadyVixx

LadyVixx Crystal Brave

So you're saying that I'm a guy?
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 23, 2013 ---
    *SOME* do. The majority of us just label you an idiot and ignore you.

pe3nguin likes this.
  5. pe3nguin

pe3nguin Crystal Brave

Server:
    Odin
    Thats okay. Disregard lady brahs. Acquire gil. Thats my motto

Illithar, xusha, Legwen and 1 other person like this.
  6. Nyanoh

Nyanoh Adventurer

Funny you mention that @Rink , I was thinking about all the terrible encounters I had in WoW to come up with a summary. I'm hoping (being naive) that the higher quality of the time will attract a higher quality of people. Maybe. Hopefully. :confused:

Illithar and Rink like this.
  7. Legwen

Legwen Crystal Brave

[​IMG]

Illithar and pe3nguin like this.
  8. Kentaro

Kentaro Adventurer

[​IMG]

Illithar, Rigormotis and Elvirnith like this.
  9. pe3nguin

pe3nguin Crystal Brave

Server:
    Odin
    Oh lawdy. SunBro here.

*Praising the Sun Crew*

10. Empryean

Empryean Adventurer

When in a dungeon / group and you're not sure about whats going on, don't be afraid to speak up.

Most of the time, people will try their best then to keep you informed, rather then keep ignoring you.
    If everyone simply asked for a boss strat, many headaches could be alleviated.

11. Moonlight Aqua

Moonlight Aqua Adventurer

I'm enjoying the guy's point of view... xD

12. Mallow

Mallow Crystal Brave

If you see someone in trouble, help

minahsaranghae and pe3nguin like this.
  13. pe3nguin

pe3nguin Crystal Brave

Server:
    Odin
    Dont be silly. Survival of the fittest. They must fend for themselves. :p

xusha likes this.
  14. Mallow

Mallow Crystal Brave

XD i just... If i am a healer class and i see someone running for the instance with 2 life and a goblin on their tail, i am healing them.

15. minahsaranghae

minahsaranghae Crystal Brave

And you end up causing more enmity than the guy the goblin is chasing therefore pulling aggro and then you'll be running :)

16. Mallow

Mallow Crystal Brave

i was thinking more if i am lvl 20 in a level 15 area

minahsaranghae likes this.
  17. minahsaranghae

Oh yeah then you're fine :D

18. Balaur

Balaur Crystal Brave

From a tank/DPS perspective:

1. If you're not the designated tank, don't try to tank. This means if you attempt to pull aggro off of a tank, be prepared to deal with the hate you get -- from the monster, and from the party.
    2. Don't break CCs. Either you're trolling, or you'll need your hand held in the dungeon.
    3. It's actually GOOD to ask questions about what to expect in the dungeon. "Learn to read" may be thrown at you, and yes it is your responsibility to read this stuff and be prepared, but not everyone knows everything about a dungeon.
    4. Don't beg for favors. Just ask for help. I'll be more than willing to help a guy out if he needs to do something, but I don't want to be their personal bodyguard, pocket healer/tank.
    5. If you're civil, other people will be civil (mostly). But if they are not, still be civil. Their rudeness is not license for yours; don't be a hypocrite.
    6. More often than not, a favor given will be returned, though given the number of people coming from a few other fairly self-centered games this number may be dropped. You can't actually "take" someone's kill from them in this game, so jumping in to help a guy out is good on occasion. If they ask you to back off, do so.
    7. Interference from outside a Leve is rude. You can heal outside a Leve, but please don't unless the guy is in critical condition.
    8. I try to /bow or otherwise acknowledge someone who helps me, or give a hearty thanks to the person. Noting that they did something is often all they want.
    9. If you Raise/Resurrect someone in the field and they're rude to you or don't acknowledge, just move along. Don't make an issue of it.
    10. Someone is talking to you or trying to get your attention? Don't ignore them. They may have something important for you to hear or have.
    11. Talk to your party. The group requires some degree of communication, and this includes who gets the LB2 when its available, how certain aspects of the dungeon will be handled, and where people will be going.

19. minahsaranghae

Need to add healer point of view to this too. Please do not pull mob packs in instances if you're not the tank. It messes up the tank's enmity generation really badly and increases the risk of healer pulling aggro and getting killed before the tank has everything under control.

If you pull mobs and you're not a tank - do not expect a heal from me until the tank has all the mobs. I rather let dps die than take the aggro with heals and potentially risking a wipe.

Balaur likes this.
  20. Mallow

Mallow Crystal Brave

There are times to break rules too. Once in my party we were all at 10% life and i was asked not to cast as drg because it puts super agro on me when my drg heals. I casted and my dragon healed the whole party, the tank was able to get control of the monster in time after my dragon had his ass kicked. And we all cheered.