One class... or many?

Discussion in 'Lich' started by Willy, Sep 18, 2013.

?

One class... or many?

1. I'm having one character with a sole class/job!

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. I'm having several characters with a sole class/job!

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. I'm having one character with many classes and jobs!

6 vote(s)
    54.5%
  4. I'm having several characters with many classes and jobs!

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Willy

Willy Adventurer

I'm used to old-school MMOs where you have a main and alts - but given the multiple class system, that doesn't really apply here. Are you planning to make your characters have a sole job - or are you going to have multiple classes/jobs (such as being able to be a dragoon, bard and summoner interchangeable?)

2. Circ Sun

Circ Sun New Member

I'm used to the system of main and alts as well, but I will probably just have one character with many classes and jobs. It'll be fun to try a different kind of system. There also seems to be many benefits, such as cross-class skills between both the tank/dps/healing jobs, but also between crafting classes.

3. Luko

Luko Scion

You dont really get much of a choice. I mean sure you CAN make different characters if you want, but even on your main you'll still need many classes leveled.

Say youre a bard. Youll get bard to 50 and still need lancer to 34 and pugilist to 15 at the very least, much more for mantra if you take that route.

Not to mention the best raiders will always have many different options for raids to stay their best. Theres really no need to forgo one of the games biggest selling points just to remain "traditional."

4. Vixx

Vixx New Member

I intend just one. Main reason is when I have alts I can never decide which I prefer so I play with all of them. Where others have a character they fall in love with I never seem to. So I'm determined to stick to one.

5. Willy

Willy Adventurer

I can't decide. I like having different races - I can't see Lalafell being anything other than casters! And the cool Roegadyn for bulkier classes!

6. Vixx

Vixx New Member

Willy: Sounds like you need 3. Hyur, Lalafell and Roegadyn. :woot:

Luko: Bard needs lancer? I've read archer/pug for bard.

For me it's cat all the way :cat:. Great PUG! She will take every gathering class and most crafting classes, but also at least 4 fighting classes of the starter version just for the diversity of skills. Thinking CNJ, ARCH and probably either GLAD or LANC. I fancy trying lancer but I love some of the gladiator armor.

7. Willy

Willy Adventurer

Yeah, apparently you get an item that can race-change you when you register for sub, so it's just deciding whether or not to change into a Roegadyn or not. Edgar's model is awesome though, so I may just keep it. Currently leveling a Dragoon - and then an Archer/Bard :) Lancer is real fun, and the damage output is pretty sweet too!