The Behemoth Festival of Frost: A Server-Wide Event

Discussion in 'FC Events & Achievements' started by Solanales, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Solanales

Solanales Crystal Brave

[​IMG]

The snow has fallen in Eorzea and the land has frozen over. Hey though, that doesn't mean we can't have a good time! 404 Guild Not Found is back with our friends the Treehouse & Resonate to give you a reason to look forward to the chilly months of the year. The Festival of Frost makes its debut! We've got trivia, anagrams, riddles, outfit contests, dancing lalafells, and even more to make you forget all about that frostbite forming on your toes. Seriously though, you should probably get that checked out. Here's the crucial information:

When: February 7th at 9PM EST
    Where: Camp Dragonhead (South of the Aethernet)
    Theme: The frozen tundra. Wear your icy shades and don your winter gear to keep warm in the frigid wind.
    Why: Generating body heat mostly...

Join us for a night of dancing, food, prizes, games, laughs, and some surprises as we take Old Man Winter on face to face. There's no better time to come out and celebrate with your fellow Behemothians. Remember to bundle up though. This is a winter event and we'd hate to see you become a block of ice.

[​IMG]
    • We recommend turning off emotes in your chat log.
    • Turning off spell effects for others is definitely helpful as well.
    • Trivia & Anagrams are every 5 minutes.
    • Culling can be intense! Snowman Shuffle Hiders will be far away from the party grounds.
    • Pay attention to Yell chat for trivia & anagrams. Shout chat is where large events will happen.
    • We will have random challenges throughout the night for 60 Day Time Cards as well as Humble Bundles.
    • Ione Nightshade will run the large events. Issy Dawnbringer & Trix'tan Zhwan will run trivia & anagrams, Houma Flamereborn will run the Game Time Card giveaways. Watch for their names.
    • Bring your best winter attire for the "Snow Bunny" Outfit Contest

[​IMG]

We'll be giving away a veritable cornucopia of 60 day game time cards and Humble Bundles. Lots of lovely giveaways will be happening throughout the night. Pay attention and participate as much as you like, but the most active fellow of the night may just get a special prize as well.

Also we'll be casting this live on Twitch! You can find our channel at http://www.twitch.tv/404guildnotfound/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Want to know even more or help out with the event? Check out http://frost.404guild.com for the full schedule and information. Also you can look me up in game as Ione Nightshade!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  2. JMATAWWCL

JMATAWWCL Moderator

Server:
    Mateus
    Sounds like fun! Might make (another) alt. to attend. :)

Solanales likes this.
  3. Solanales

Solanales Crystal Brave

And we would love to have you! Alts are always welcome as long as you can make it to the festival grounds. Camp Dragonhead is a pretty simple run from Gridania with not much in the way of mob encounters unless a FATE is going on.

If you do stop by, make sure to send me a tell so I can say hey!

JMATAWWCL likes this.
  4. JMATAWWCL

JMATAWWCL Moderator

Server:
    Mateus
    You got it ;)

I can do that run at low level with my eyes closed :) Veteran Jueno trekker from XI here lol

5. Jinzuku

Jinzuku Vice Administrator

Server:
    Phoenix
    I would have come but unfortunately it would workout being 2am GMT time so I'll be too busy sleeping.

I think I need to move America lol.

Solanales likes this.
  6. Solanales

Solanales Crystal Brave

Hey Canada is aviable option too! Unfortunately the timing is a problem for Europe, but it is an NA server so we go for those folks directly. That being said I'm glad you checked out the event!

7. Jinzuku

Server:
    Phoenix
    It's something I've gotten used to, especially as I play on a NA server (Brynhildr).

I think I would find Canada too cold.

8. Jedrek

Jedrek Crystal Brave

I will totally be there :joy:

9. Solanales

Solanales Crystal Brave

And I will totally look for you! Hit me up with a tell when you get there =D

Jedrek likes this.
  10. Jinzuku

Server:
    Phoenix
    Will you be broadcasting the event on Twitch? I would love to be able to watch the event the following day or something as I can't be there.

11. Solanales

Solanales Crystal Brave

Absolutely. Check us out at http://www.twitch.tv/404guildnotfound/ and also I believe the plan was to feature it on the front page here during the event =)

12. Solanales

Solanales Crystal Brave

Just a few more waning days until the event. Get your outfits ready and be there at 9PM EST in Camp Dragonhead =D

13. Jinzuku

Server:
    Phoenix
    I look forward to watching the archived broadcast on Sunday :laugh: