Your character's background story and RP profile

Discussion in 'Roleplayers' Table' started by Livify, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Gongos

Gongos Adventurer

RPer, I don't dispute that it's funny. Some people however might not see it that way. Calling his character a variant of the noun 'psychosis' could be seen as a put-down of this entire forum, making fun of people's efforts to create & subsequently role-play a character.

2. FFXIV_RPer

FFXIV_RPer Crystal Brave

I just thought Sai was joking and being playful, I didn't think any of the post was meant in spite and I'm sorry if I offended by liking it. I usually think the most fun thing about RP is that it's a way for people to enjoy a game both by going in-depth into their character's development and even just by billing silly and having characters like a Lalafell named Potato Chip (I still love this name when I saw it in-game). Hopefully everyone role-playing just gets along and has a good time!

3. Lodius

Lodius Crystal Brave

You sir take things to serious :).

I do not RP… this is true. Nor have I any intentions of RPing in any MMORPG game I play. I enjoy whimsical humor (or as some call it “dry humor”)… This does not mean I rip people for RPing or intend in any way to offend you.

I knew that anyone who saw “Star Wars” would clearly get the joke.

I am an adult (almost 30… womp womp wahhh) with two kids and I am far above insulting anyone or making fun of them for lifestyle / gaming choices or even physical appearances.
    Please know that I apologize for the Star Wars pun if it offended you. However, I did think it was quiet funny.

Thanks

FFXIV_RPer likes this.
  4. FFXIV_RPer

FFXIV_RPer Crystal Brave

I thought it was quite funny. :)

Lodius likes this.
  5. Gongos

Gongos Adventurer

So I'm told. Glad you meant no disrespect, and no offense taken. I remember being 30 - it was 24 years ago :D

FFXIV_RPer likes this.
  6. FFXIV_RPer

FFXIV_RPer Crystal Brave

I'm just one year short of 30 myself. :D

7. RageManatee

RageManatee Adventurer

[​IMG]

At a Glance:

Blood red hair, darkened blue-green eyes. Weathered slightly-having some wrinkles around his eyes and mouth. Tall and very well built. Gives off an air of nearly inexhaustible joy. Any moment you see him-it's like he can't find any other facial expression to use other then a smile. Voice is deep and rather sonorous. Carries on the wind easily-and fills a room just as well. Usually is cloaked in dark clothing of earthen colors (Though at times he wears very bright clothing). Baggy and relaxed fit clothing is common. Does not carry a weapon of any kind. Hair is always braided.

Age: Late thirties-mid forties. (Will never tell anyone his actual age)

Demeanor: Joyous, Flippy (Can swing from very happy to angry very quickly).

Profession: Bartender, Cook, Boxer.

Race: Hyur, Highlander.

Name: Baer Reddicta

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Brief History:

Baer was born to a Pirate by the name of Graith, and a Arena Keeper known as Aiela, the young man was destined for great things! Or so many would think. But he wasn't. He was rather normal in comparison to most. The only traits he carried over from his darling mother and father was his insatiable need to fight. Though unlike his brothers and sisters, he decided to not become a Pirate much like their father...

...Atleast directly.

Considered the blacksheep of the family, he set his sights on travelling and learning his own path. Doing as he wished and what he must to survive. Now he is nearing the end of the road and is seeking out peace within himself and the world around him.

100 Questions Answered by Baer (open)
    Part 1: The Basics

1.What is your full name? "Baer Reddicta"
    2.Where and when were you born? "Limsa Lominsa, on a boat."
    3.Who are/were your parents? "Aiela Bloodhand was my mother."
    4.Do you have any siblings? "Quite a few actually."
    5.Where do you live now, and with whom? Describe the place and the person/people. "I live on my own, near Costa Del Sol. I do have people come in now and again who need a place to stay."
    6.What is your occupation? "Bartender, Boxer, Gladiator. Slew of other things, but mostly Bartender."
    7.Write a full physical description of yourself. "Uhhhh. Tall. Broad. Ennnnh-red hair?" *Motions to the crimson hair atop his head.*
    8.To which social class do you belong? "My own."
    9.Do you have any allergies, diseases, or other physical weaknesses? "I'm getting older. So. That's a weakness, right?"
    10. Are you right- or left-handed? "Right."
    11. What does your voice sound like? "I would describe it as BOOMING!" *Begins laughing*
    12. What words and/or phrases do you use very frequently? "Interesting."
    13. What do you have in your pockets? "Nothing, usually."
    14. Do you have any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics? "I laugh a lot. Smile too much from what others say, and care too much about everyone. And that I can get moody. Fast."

Part 2: Growing Up

15. How would you describe your childhood in general? "Crappy. Educational."
    16. What is your earliest memory? "Playing in the sand on the beach of an island somewhere off the coast."
    17. How much schooling have you had? "Barely any."
    18. Did you enjoy school? "No. Not really."
    19. Where did you learn most of your skills and other abilities? "My father. Taking random job's. Exploring. Finding. Reading when it suited me."
    20. While growing up, did you have any role models? If so, describe them. "I did not really have any role-models..."
    21. While growing up, how did you get along with the other members of your family? "Well. We got along well. Most of the time."
    22. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? "A great warrior."
    23. As a child, what were your favorite activities? "Fishing. Playing with the other kids when they weren't scared of me. Fighting in general. Use to pick fights with the older children. Liked a challenge. Rock climbing was another! The bluff's were perfect for that."
    24. As a child, what kinds of personality traits did you display? "Hmmmm. Joy. Anger. Playfulness I assume."
    25. As a child, were you popular? Who were your friends, and what were they like? "No, I was not popular in a good way. Being the son of a Pirate, I didin't get along well with a lot of the other children. Few became my friends, but they are my friends-forevermore."
    26. When and with whom was your first kiss? "She was a thug like I, fought in a tournament against her. For some reason she kissed me afterward. So. Hm."
    27. Are you a virgin? If not, when and with whom did you lose your virginity? "It was a lass whom took fancy to me, sparked a quick relationship. Ended up on the beach for a few day's. Haven't seen her since."
    28. If you are a supernatural being (i.e. mage, werewolf, vampire), tell the story of how you became what you are or first learned of your own abilities. If you are just a normal human, describe any influences in your past that led you to do the things you do today. "Enh? Sorry. No. I am not any of that."

Part 3: Past Influences

29. What do you consider the most important event of your life so far? "The realization of what I had become, and the loss of someone I cared for dearly."
    30. Who has had the most influence on you? "A lady named Melany."
    31. What do you consider your greatest achievement? "Defeating my own demon's. Becoming a better person for all those around me."
    32. What is your greatest regret? "Never telling someone how I felt. On multiple occasions."
    33. What is the most evil thing you have ever done? "...Killed someone in cold blood."
    34. Do you have a criminal record of any kind? "...Yes."
    35. When was the time you were the most frightened? "Hrrrm. Too many to say."
    36. What is the most embarrassing thing ever to happen to you? "Fell off a boat drunk and landed on a rock."
    37. If you could change one thing from your past, what would it be, and why? "There is so many to recount that, that I can't really pin one down over the other. If I could go back to the beginning of everything with what I know now-I would."
    38. What is your best memory? "Meeting my friends. All of them. Those are my best memory's. I know you asked for one, but. I consider them all the best."
    39. What is your worst memory? "I don't really want to talk about that."

Part 4: Beliefs And Opinions

40. Are you basically optimistic or pessimistic? "Optimistic!"
    41. What is your greatest fear? "Failing those whom I care for."
    42. What are your religious views? "Don't care. That's my views on it."
    43. What are your political views? "Stay out of my way-view."
    44. What are your views on sex? "Love it. Especially when making the other party enjoy themselves just as much as I do."
    45. Are you able to kill? Under what circumstances do you find killing to be acceptable or unacceptable? "Self defense. Protection of innocent's. Saving someones life. Judicial force should be used otherwise when regarding anything else."
    46. In your opinion, what is the most evil thing any human being could do? "Betray someone. That is the worst you could do to someone. Break their trust and ruin them."
    47. Do you believe in the existence of soul mates and/or true love? "Yes, I very much do. I am looking for mine once more."
    48. What do you believe makes a successful life? "If your happy, then your successful. Monetary worth doesn't measure success."
    49. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings (i.e. do you hide your true self from others, and in what way)? "I am an open book...mostly."
    50. Do you have any biases or prejudices? "Yes, I hate crabs. And idiots."
    51. Is there anything you absolutely refuse to do under any circumstances? Why do you refuse to do it? "I would refuse orders from a leader, of basically anything. Or even boss. If I don't respect you-you won't get anything out of me."
    52. Who or what, if anything, would you die for (or otherwise go to extremes for)? "Love. Friendship. I would die for those whom matter to me."

Part 5: Relationships With Others

53. In general, how do you treat others (politely, rudely, by keeping them at a distance, etc.)? Does your treatment of them change depending on how well you know them, and if so, how? "Politely. Almost constantly blunt. I like letting others see into my mind-so they never have to guess or wonder. Sure, there are some things I keep to myself, but I am mainly very straight forward."
    54. Who is the most important person in your life, and why? "I have a lot of important people in my life. Some a bit more the others...there is one though that means a lot. Haven't told her yet."
    55. Who is the person you respect the most, and why? "Aoelus. That crazy ass deserves some respect for the s**t he's been through. And Y'vali. From what I heard...She's been through a lot too."
    56. Who are your friends? Do you have a best friend? Describe these people. "I think the closest one to being a best friend is Aoelus and Christof. All of them are mainly equal."
    57. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If so, describe this person. "I don't have one, but I am certainly looking!"
    58. Have you ever been in love? If so, describe what happened. "Yes, and it...it was ecstasy for me. Everything was so bright. Beautiful. Never really believed it worked that way until it happened."
    59. What do you look for in a potential lover? "Loyalty mainly. A strong personality."
    60. How close are you to your family? "Close to my brothers, sisters and mother. Not my father."
    61. Have you started your own family? If so, describe them. If not, do you want to? Why or why not? "No not yet." *Sighs*
    62. Who would you turn to if you were in desperate need of help? "Hrrrm. Hard question...Probably Y'vali or Aoelus. Sue, A'kora or some of the others as well."
    63. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why? "I don't expect that from anyone. If they choose to protect me or not is their choice."
    64. If you died or went missing, who would miss you? "Don't know really..."
    65. Who is the person you despise the most, and why? "Heh. Can't tell you that. Have some plans in mind for him." *Rubs hands together*
    66. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict? "I argue when it is appropriate. And avoid conflict when it is best to."
    67. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations? "Sometimes. Not very often."
    68. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not? "Yes I love being around people. But I also like being alone or with just certain people in my mind. Reasons why? I like being able to socialize. And sometimes I just feel like relaxing with someone close to me."
    69. Do you care what others think of you? "No not really."

Part 6: Likes And Dislikes

70. What is/are your favorite hobbies and pastimes? "Carving stone figurines is one. Drinking is another. Practicing and training. Swimming. Rock climbing. Sleeping on the beach or resting on the sand in the sun."
    71. What is your most treasured possession? "The bangles I wear. They belonged to someone who was very important to me."
    72. What is your favorite color? "Blue!"
    73. What is your favorite food? "Hrrrrmmm. Fish."
    74. What, if anything, do you like to read? "I enjoy books that are factual, providing me information on a vast slew of subjects. Or they have to be about nothing real, stories mainly."
    75. What is your idea of good entertainment (consider music, movies, art, etc.)? "Dancing. Singing. Music. Fighting. Not in that order though."
    76. Do you smoke, drink, or use drugs? If so, why? Do you want to quit? "I drink. And I drink for effect."
    77. How do you spend a typical Saturday night? "Usually at the bar, looking over the customers and serving them. When I manage to get time off, I like just chatting it up with my coworkers or friends."
    78. What makes you laugh? "A lot of things. Love jokes to death."
    79. What, if anything, shocks or offends you? "Not much actually. I do find it offensive when a man abuses a woman, or uses them. I have little patience for things like that."
    80. What would you do if you had insomnia and had to find something to do to amuse yourself? "I would be working on my figurines. Which, I do already. Since I don't sleep all that well." *Laughs*
    81. How do you deal with stress? "Sex, fighting-physical exertion in some way helps me. Or just speaking to someone close to me."
    82. Are you spontaneous, or do you always need to have a plan? "Spontaneous! What better way to live then to just wake up one morning and shout 'Were going on a boat today!' or 'Were going fishin'!'"
    83. What are your pet peeves? "When a customer asks me for the cheapest and best drink on the menu. Not being acknowledged in a conversation. And someone criticizing someone else's work, before looking at themselves."

Part 7: Self Images And Etc.

84. Describe the routine of a normal day for you. How do you feel when this routine is disrupted? "Get up, wash, prep. Eat. Go do whatever I wish until the evening-then watch over the bar for the night. If it get's altered, it doesn't affect me much. Such as if I am not needed at the bar-I go out and look for a good time. Or handle something that needs my attention."
    85. What is your greatest strength as a person? "As with a lot of these introspective questions, I can't fully see myself as a person. So I believe my greatest strength is to get others to laugh."
    86. What is your greatest weakness? "I can be extremely pushy when worried."
    87. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? "Make myself a little less apt to worrying about certain things at any given moment."
    88. Are you generally introverted or extroverted? "Extroverted."
    89. Are you generally organized or messy? "Messy as all hell."
    90. Name three things you consider yourself to be very good at, and three things you consider yourself to be very bad at. "Cooking, Mixing, Dancing. For the good things. And the bad things are; Sex, Fighting and Thinking." *Tone is playful at this point. Not at all serious*
    91. Do you like yourself? "Yes. Enough that I can live with myself everyday."
    92. What are your reasons for being an adventurer (or doing the strange and heroic things that RPG characters do)? Are your real reasons for doing this different than the ones you tell people in public? (If so, detail both sets of reasons…) "I don't really adventure anymore. It'd a dangerous profession, mind you. I prefer the more relaxed lifestyle I have now. Part of me wishes I became a merchant at a young age, or a cook."
    93. What goal do you most want to accomplish in your lifetime? "To have a family, to have a home, and to enjoy the rest of my life."
    94. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? "That's a good question that I have no good answer for right now. Things are very up in the air."
    95. If you could choose, how would you want to die? "In my sleep, hopefully next to someone I love." *Laughs gently.* "Though that may be rather gruesome for her. Would probably scare the living crap out of her at first. But I would want to be near the one I love when I die. However it may be."
    96. If you knew you were going to die in 24 hours, name three things you would do in the time you had left. "Tell everyone everything that comes to my mind, do as much as I could to help other's, and spend my last bit of time trying to have a get together on the beach one last time with all my friends. New and old."
    97. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death? "I don't have anything specific to be honest."
    98. What three words best describe your personality? "Happy, Silly, Odd."
    99. What three words would others probably use to describe you? "No freaking clue. Probably; Crazy, Stupid, Annoying?"
    100. If you could, what advice would you, the player, give to your character? (You might even want to speak as if he or she were sitting right here in front of you, and use proper tone so he or she might heed your advice…) "Procrastinator, get your ass in gear. You only got so much time, and if your not spending it well-then your failing! Your losing!" -Me

Jedrek, Gongos and FFXIV_RPer like this.
  8. FFXIV_RPer

FFXIV_RPer Crystal Brave

I loved that 100 questions answered by Baer so without further delay here is 100 questions answered by Mira! :p

Show Spoiler

100 Questions Answered by Mira
    1.What is your full name? "Mira Luna"
    2.Where and when were you born? "Forgotten Springs in Southern Thanalan."
    3.Who are/were your parents? (Know their names, occupations, personalities, etc.) "Two loving Miqo'te I called 'Mom' and 'Dad', except when they punished me then it was more like 'Mooooom!'"*Sigh*
    4.Do you have any siblings? What are/were they like? "Two sisters! One older and one younger. I love 'em both!"
    5.Where do you live now, and with whom? Describe the place and the person/people. "I live in Ul'dah, I love being in the desert but also cherish my airship pass. I want to see the whole world."
    6.What is your occupation? "Smasher of things with my fists! Perhaps professional adventurer and treasure hunter?"
    7.Write a full physical description of yourself. You might want to consider factors such as: height, weight, race, hair and eye color, style of dress, and any tattoos, scars, or distinguishing marks. "I'm pretty tall for a girl miqo'te which probably why my older sister says that I'm not very lady like… but I have bright yellow eyes like the moon! And my tail is pretty."
    8.To which social class do you belong? "The poor kind! Give me shiny things! @.@"
    9.Do you have any allergies, diseases, or other physical weaknesses? "I have a weakness that happens about three times a day, my tummy grumbles and suddenly I can't move until it's filled again."
    10. Are you right- or left-handed? "Ambidextrous! I'm awesome like that."
    11. What does your voice sound like? "Kind of soft which surprising with how chatty I am."
    12. What words and/or phrases do you use very frequently? "Awesome, everything is awesome!"
    13. What do you have in your pockets? "Some coins… a canteen for water… and a ball of yarn."
    14. Do you have any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics? "My hair has pink highlights!"
    15. How would you describe your childhood in general? "Dirty, a lot of playing in mud."
    16. What is your earliest memory? "Being soaked and cleaned in the hot springs of my home."
    17. How much schooling have you had? "Lots! I'm well educated."
    18. Did you enjoy school? "Yep!"
    19. Where did you learn most of your skills and other abilities? "From my family, and from the legendary "Holy Fist" in Ul'dah!"
    20. While growing up, did you have any role models? If so, describe them. "I've always been scrappy so I wanted to be just like the legendary "Holy Fist" of Ul'dah when I grew up!"
    21. While growing up, how did you get along with the other members of your family? "Great! I was a little bullied by older sister, miss pretty and perfect."
    22. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? "Awesome!"
    23. As a child, what were your favorite activities? "Fighting! And eating!"
    24. As a child, what kinds of personality traits did you display? "I was a playful kitten!"
    25. As a child, were you popular? Who were your friends, and what were they like? "I was popular! Not as popular as miss perfect."
    26. When and with whom was your first kiss? "A boy! Not saying who~"
    27. Are you a virgin? If not, when and with whom did you lose your virginity? "Not a virgin, but I didn't exactly lose it in the most romantic of ways… if I remember right it involved alcohol and a game of strip poker."
    28. If you are a supernatural being (i.e. mage, werewolf, vampire), tell the story of how you became what you are or first learned of your own abilities. If you are just a normal human, describe any influences in your past that led you to do the things you do today. "The same thing that led all children to adventure, the call of traveling the world and seeing and doing everything!"
    29. What do you consider the most important event of your life so far? "Joining the pugilists guild! They're like my other family."
    30. Who has had the most influence on you? "The leader of the pugilists guild, that ol' perv has a heart of gold and taught me to kick butt!"
    31. What do you consider your greatest achievement? "Becoming a Monk."
    32. What is your greatest regret? "Disappearing for a while into the dark world of self pity."
    33. What is the most evil thing you have ever done? "Abandoned friends…"
    34. Do you have a criminal record of any kind? "Nope."
    35. When was the time you were the most frightened? "Being all alone in a dungeon, everyone else left."
    36. What is the most embarrassing thing ever to happen to you? "Getting caught being not so clothed."
    37. If you could change one thing from your past, what would it be, and why? "Nothing!"
    38. What is your best memory? "Playing in the hot springs! Also, seeing the beaches of the Noscea for the first time."
    39. What is your worst memory? "Losing in competitions."
    40. Are you basically optimistic or pessimistic? "Optimistic!"
    41. What is your greatest fear? "Spiders… big gross ew… just kill 'em!"
    42. What are your religious views? "I pray to Menphina the goddess of the moon and love for light in the even the darkest times and lots of love!"
    43. What are your political views? "Meow?"
    44. What are your views on sex? "Love it!"
    45. Are you able to kill? Under what circumstances do you find killing to be acceptable or unacceptable? "I can uh… knock things out!"
    46. In your opinion, what is the most evil thing any human being could do? "Be a stupid meany pants!"
    47. Do you believe in the existence of soul mates and/or true love? "Yes? I don't know to be honest."
    48. What do you believe makes a successful life? "Gil! Riches! Fish! Uh… a house maybe?"
    49. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings (i.e. do you hide your true self from others, and in what way)? "I'm like an open book! Sometimes to a fault."
    50. Do you have any biases or prejudices? "Yes, Chocobos! I love 'em and they look tasty."
    51. Is there anything you absolutely refuse to do under any circumstances? Why do you refuse to do it? "Take from people, it's better to ask then to try and do stuff by force."
    52. Who or what, if anything, would you die for (or otherwise go to extremes for)? "I don't know…"
    53. In general, how do you treat others (politely, rudely, by keeping them at a distance, etc.)? Does your treatment of them change depending on how well you know them, and if so, how? "Politely, and probably a bit flirty. I do like having lots of attention."
    54. Who is the most important person in your life, and why? "My family! Because I love 'em!"
    55. Who is the person you respect the most, and why? "My boss! The leader of the pugilists guild because he's awesome!"
    56. Who are your friends? Do you have a best friend? Describe these people. "Not many friends yet, hope to make lots more!"
    57. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If so, describe this person. "Nope."
    58. Have you ever been in love? If so, describe what happened. "Nope."
    59. What do you look for in a potential lover? "Lots of sex? Mew."
    60. How close are you to your family? "Very close! Close enough to get our claws into each other."
    61. Have you started your own family? If so, describe them. If not, do you want to? Why or why not? "No family of my own yet, just a bunch of surrogate families!"
    62. Who would you turn to if you were in desperate need of help? "My fellow pugilists! We can punch anything into dust together!"
    63. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why? "I trust myself to protect me."
    64. If you died or went missing, who would miss you? "My family! Don't make them sad."
    65. Who is the person you despise the most, and why? "Marmots when they don't let me eat them."
    66. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict? "Argue!"
    67. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations? "I'm a follower!"
    68. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not? "Not so much, I try to be outgoing but I can be shy. Small groups is best!"
    69. Do you care what others think of you? "Of course!"
    70. What is/are your favorite hobbies and pastimes? "Punching stuff! Eating!"
    71. What is your most treasured possession? "Drumstick! My chocobo. I promise not to eat him."
    72. What is your favorite color? "Pink!"
    73. What is your favorite food? "Fish! More fish! Marmots too!"
    74. What, if anything, do you like to read? "Books, especially adventure and spy stories."
    75. What is your idea of good entertainment (consider music, movies, art, etc.)? "Fishing! I also like music and the performing arts."
    76. Do you smoke, drink, or use drugs? If so, why? Do you want to quit? "Maybe drink sometimes, but I like being in control. Sex is probably my biggest vice."
    77. How do you spend a typical Saturday night? "Having fun! Or stargazing!"
    78. What makes you laugh? "Kitties! Just like me, we're all very entertaining."
    79. What, if anything, shocks or offends you? "I'm not easily shocked or offended."
    80. What would you do if you had insomnia and had to find something to do to amuse yourself? "Does sex count?"
    81. How do you deal with stress? "See previous question!"
    82. Are you spontaneous, or do you always need to have a plan? "Plans? Plans are for wusses!"
    83. What are your pet peeves? "When people are mean or not friendly."
    84. Describe the routine of a normal day for you. How do you feel when this routine is disrupted? "What's a routine?"
    85. What is your greatest strength as a person? "My fists!"
    86. What is your greatest weakness? "Uh… something other than my fists? But not my feet, my kicks are strong too."
    87. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? "I'd be even prettier! And classy and sophisticated."
    88. Are you generally introverted or extroverted? "Extroverted! Maybe."
    89. Are you generally organized or messy? "Messy! Organization is for wusses… that's my story and I'm sticking to it!"
    90. Name three things you consider yourself to be very good at, and three things you consider yourself to be very bad at. "Hm… Eating! Punching stuff! Sex! I'm good at everything, weaknesses are for people who have them. Except I'm not very modest."
    91. Do you like yourself? "Yep!"
    92. What are your reasons for being an adventurer (or doing the strange and heroic things that RPG characters do)? Are your real reasons for doing this different than the ones you tell people in public? (If so, detail both sets of reasons…) "Because I want to be awesome!"
    93. What goal do you most want to accomplish in your lifetime? "Hm… become a better fighter. Learn a trade."
    94. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? "Somewhere!"
    95. If you could choose, how would you want to die? "In a glorious battle saving the world! Maybe a noble sacrifice."
    96. If you knew you were going to die in 24 hours, name three things you would do in the time you had left. "Pretty sure it would be the three things I'm best at, eating, punching something in the face, and having a good roll in the hay."
    97. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death? "Punching every single primal in the face! Saving the world!"
    98. What three words best describe your personality? "Cheery! Meow, and fish!"
    99. What three words would others probably use to describe you? "Furball, scrappy, uh… sexy? Yeah right."
    100. If you could, what advice would you, the player, give to your character? (You might even want to speak as if he or she were sitting right here in front of you, and use proper tone so he or she might heed your advice…) "((Shake that booty!!))" "Yeah, my creator is even less mature than I am… thanks for taking the time to read this everyone!"

Jedrek, ZenBear and RageManatee like this.
  9. Ingrid

Ingrid Crystal Brave

Warning. A wee bit heart rending. This is a continuation of my previous lore piece.

"Retreat! Retreat now! Get everyone back!"

Upon joining a small band of sellswords. She saw this as an opportunity to prove her parents wrong in her eyes.
    As the war with the Garlean Empire drew closer their company was hired to escort refugees from war torn towns. The treks were long and treacherous Keeping beasts away from hundreds of non-combatants was exhausting with little time to rest. Her brutal style earned her an unflattering moniker from many of the refugees. Maybe it was the drive to prove her father wrong about what blacksmithing was about to keep going and ignore their words. It was at this time a Lalafell child befriended Ingrid. At first Ingrid tried to brush the child off. Though the child was very determined.

"Why are you so persistent? Are you not afraid of me?"

"Eh? Why would I be afraid of a pretty lady?"

Not knowing how to react Ingrid tried her best to distance herself from the child. Eventually the Lalafell's tenacity would prove too much for her. As the days and weeks went on Ingrid's demeanor softened. She started realizing maybe her father was right though she still thought of him as a fool.

"This is for you I forged it just for you"

"Gasp! Thank you! I'll keep it forever and ever and ever!"

Ingrid hands her a small dulled dagger. The little Lalafell swings it around. A bit hesitant at first Ingrid ruffles the small child's hair. Maybe her father's words had some weight.
    The biggest war between the three forces of Eorzea and the Garlean Empire is at hand. Ingrid's squad hurrying to escort the refugees as far away from the war zones as possible. Her squad and herself fends off the Garlean soldiers. Suddenly fire rains from the sky. Destroying everything around them.

"Retreat! Retreat now! Get everyone back!"

Ingrid can hear the Lalafell child call out for her. An explosion goes off right in the middle of their formation. The heat so intense it destroys a nearby magitek reaper with ease. Ingrid desperately looking around for the child. She sees a small figure in the clearing smoke. Before her however are some remaining enemies. Ingrid and what remains of her squad cuts them down. She finally reaches the child. However...

"No...no no no!"

The child is gone. Burned beyond recognition. Still clutching to her sword. More Garlean soldiers show up preparing their weapons.

"Still...even after I've lost everything...you come after me." The sounds around her go silent.

Ingrid picks up a frayed piece of Magitek armor. The heat from the nearby wreckage warping her image. The soldiers hands tremble their legs unable to move. One attempts to fall back. Ingrid rushes them down faster than any beast. Brutally beating them to death. Their screams of absolute fear echoing throughout the calming battlefield. One unfortunate soul looks up at her unforgiving gaze before she sends him to his grave.

"Fate is a cruel mistress. She is a saint compared to me Garlean."

The flames dying down. Ingrid looks up covered in blood. She can do nothing but cry.
    Again in her lifetime she finds herself bandaged up and in bed. Her eyes darkened and near lifeless. She gets up and wanders away from the temporal camp. Completely oblivious of where she wanders her consciousness finally catches up to her. The wounds on her body opened up as the pain registers to her brain. She finds an abandoned village and collapses to her knees. She crawls her way to a house. Ingrid lays on the floor. She turns her head and sees a small form approaching her. A lalafell child. Holding out her hands she heals Ingrid's wounds almost passing out herself in the process. She replaces the old dirty bandages...

More to come.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
    Jedrek likes this.
  10. Mia Ausa

Mia Ausa Adventurer

The girl is a somewhat mysterious but generally ignored, invisible native of Ul'dah and spends most of her time in Pearl Lane. People sprint past them, the people they have no reason to interact with, and gives Pearl Lane a voice as people run to Sapphire Avenue, where the fine folk walk about like peacocks.

[​IMG]

(Click Sooty to understand her through pictures. Yes, it's on livejournal. Don't judge me.)

As you may see from the pictures, sooty is no noble vagrant. She drinks, she manipulates others, yet often when she begs, people will give her food, or the highest quality clothing for her. She grits her teeth and plays the sweet girl, thanking m'lord, wondering how to sell it. She has better, more suitable clothing for her mercenary work, as everything and anything this peddlerwoman has is for sale. Yes, everything. I know this is an all-ages forum, so I will not detail, but she makes it clear if some white knight of a man tells her she will make something of herself and he has faith in her and has a little too much compassion. A little... compensated date maybe.

If given items, she would prefer silver, or other jewelry, ideally junk a level 50 can spare to not throw on the market. She hawks and yells, sitting at her home and waving to those who run by, hoping to get them to stop. Those of a low level, still in their starting clothing, she may offer to help, offering for mere tin high quality level 1 gear that is even stronger, she assures, than the level 5 gear they are given from quests, so they can simply take the money rather than clothing that may not match. She would insist she can offer a variety of colors, all lovely, and maybe a sexy little thing, just as good as the breeches. Naturally, later, they need to prove that they are garbed head to toe in level 5 gear. They wouldn't know that.

The player's own emotional stab when they pass Pearl to go to Sapphire would likely influence the character's perception. While many run, mostly, some may stop. She also may offer to party up, describing herself as a mercenary of sorts, if the player is of a low enough level that they could use someone who is level 9.

The proud derelict could also be invited to your server as a low level girl after coin, as any good Ul'dalian should. She is currently on Excalibur and I would recommend interacting with her there, as she has access to a grand company chest involving level 50 friends who she humorously steals from (with permission from the players.) If you invite her, you must have completed the quest that gives you the dirty shepard's robe so as to allow her to maintain her proper character.

[​IMG]

She will fall on her knees and call people m'lord and m'lady, stagger while she talks about how sick and poor she is and unfed, and I work hard to push the limits of the active emotes, avoiding typical lallafel faces. If you set grin or taunt before an action, the character will make that face as they perform an action. Her welcome and beckon gestures depend on these.

Although Ul'dah is accustomed to lallafels, her diminutive size sometimes will throw adventurers new to the country. She is actually in her late 20s/early 30s (haven't decided) her voice hints at it. Sooty's witty and clever, fun to be around, and though she is not merchant class is a finer merchant than most. She will examine her mark and see what they need. If they are rich, she is terribly sorry she has nothing for them. Perhaps they have a hobby? She has fine silks and thread, and ingredients, and ores! These people generally (annoyingly to her but she keeps her sweet, poor act) give her low-level items. Food she does appreciate, but money is preferred to clothing. This is interesting because this makes a great deal of sense. She's half character, half social experiment. She'd love to be your friend!

Heh heh heh...

Kredo, Gongos, Jedrek and 1 other person like this.
  11. Lucian Greymark

Lucian Greymark Adventurer

I'm not an RPer. But, my character does have a special place with me. I'm going to try to do this, give me some leeway for mistakes, please ^_^. This is a summary of his story up until this point. And, I'm doing this at work, so if it seems rushed in some parts, please excuse it. Let me know what you think ^_^.

A little Mi'qote is running through the forests of Gridania from a wild boar. His lungs are burning with each breath, muscles are at their limits. The fear of being skewered pushes him forward. His eyes closed as he tries to block out the pain and keep moving.

He's been on his own since he was 5. Scrounging for food to survive, picking up scraps as people dropped them on their way to they're wonderful homes, living off of whatever meals he could catch or pick from the trees. He has never had the luxuries of a family or friends. He has grown used to the disgusted looks of the passer-bys. They no longer rip at his heart. He no longer feels the confusion as to why these people dislike him when he's done nothing to them. He no longer wonders why he must stand and watch from the outside as the people of the city go about their business pretending he isn't there.

He is 12 now and there really is no real reason to fight this hard to be alive. No one will miss him. No one will even notice. Then, why...why won't his body just stop. Let it happen, let it end. It's been nothing but pain and hurt from his earliest memories. Why won't his body just let it end. A loud crash behind him jolts his eyes open, his mind snaps back to his situation. His head turns just in time to see the boar's tusk being thrust into his face. An instinctual reflex, a quick snap of the muscles turns his face just in the nick of time. The tusk cuts his jawline, but doesn't do real damage. The blow, however, sends him into a fall. He hits the ground hard and rolls and tumbles off the branches and rocks until he's stopped by the trunk of a tree. Almost unconcious, his vision blurry, unable to breath properly, unable to move, he lays there looking as the boar grins at him. Taking his time, the boar slowly moves forward, enjoying his victory before claiming his prize. Standing above him, the boar raises it's head, lets out a loud squeal and rears back for the final blow. As the tusks move forward, a sharp whistling noise can be heard and in a blink the boar's head and body following is pulled to the side, rolling and tumbling across the ground. Startled, the young mi'qote looks over at the now dead boar to see an arrow sticking out of it's head. Blinking he looks around, sees nothing, then hears a rustling in the branches and a shadow dropping from the tree to the right of him. He hears nothing but sees a blurred figure walking towards him. Strange, there are dead branches and dried leaves carpeting the soil, but he makes no sound when he moves...when it moves. What is this...this thing?!?! A panic builds in his stomach, his heart races. Did he just survive one death to be taken by a fate much worse? Finally, after what felt like hours, the figure reaches him, kneels and extends a hand. It is an elezen, smiling brightly. He notices the boy cannot move and picks him up and carries him off.

The little mi'qote faints as he is lifted up and awakes in a small wooden shack on a bed made of logs and leaves. He tries to move but his body reminds him of his recent adventure, however, he does hear the twang of string and the thud of an impact on wood. He forces himself up, ignoring his body's resistance and looks out the small window. He sees the man that saved him. He's shooting arrows. And, he's incredible. He manages a gasp when the man notches 5 arrows at once, shoots them into the air and stands back as they land, each hitting a target on the ground. The archer turns to see the little one finally awake and staring in amazement. He smiles, a gentle and warm smile. The elezen moves to the window and greets the child, welcoming him back to the waking realm and examines his cheek. The wound has all but healed thanks to the ointments applied. Nothing remains of the injury but a cross shaped scar. The little one has never felt kindness before. But, he likes it and clings to it. He follows the elezen around faithfully, does as he is told. He works hard to make his new friend happy and his friend takes care of him. He teaches the little mi'qote how to survive properly, how to cook meals, how to harvest the land, and of course, trains him in archery. The little one picks it up quickly, wanting to make his new friend proud, but also enjoying it. He has a talent for it. His eyes are sharp, he notices the change in the wind, he can choose the best trajectory and the right amount of power in an instant. The life he has lived up until this point has honed his senses.

As time passes, and the two have become true friends, the elezen finally asks the little mi'qote his name, to which there is no reply. He has none, he was never given one. The elezen thinks for a moment and decides that the little one will be called Lucian Greymark. Lucian after his pet wolf from his old home, and Greymark for the scar on his jaw. It took some getting used to, especially having the name of a pet, but it was a welcomed sign of affection and belonging. Lucian existed now, he had a name, a place to call home and friend.

Years passed, and unfortunately, so did Lucian's mentor. It was an accident - a hunting trip with unexpected consequences for the elezen. Lucian buried his friend with tears in his eyes, thanked him for his life and moved on, as he could not stay there anymore. A new man, at the age of 26, with unmatched skills as an archer and a new look on life, he entered the city with his head high for the first time. The noises and scents unfamiliar to him, however, he moved forward, each step a feeling lighter as he grew more are ease. He forged a reputation as a fantastic archer, picking up quests here and there as a quiet but effective adventurer. Joining the archery guild he rose in the ranks quickly, soon surpassing the expectations of even the most doubtful.

Through his time in Gridania, and his various quests, he was granted the opportunity to travel to different lands and found that he loved exploring the new places. Finding new challenges and overcoming everything thrown his way, but, in all of this, he was alone. He preffered it this way, honestly. As great as his time with his elezen friend was, the heartbreak of his loss was more than he'd ever had to suffer by himself. Unfortunately, this was not meant to last. He met a fellow adventurer on one of this journeys who invited him into their free company. Curious as to what this group was he accepted, curiousity usually got the better of him. With his induction, he grew to like these people. They were joyful and entertaining, and some were extremely skilled. With this new group, he started to open up again. Remembering the joys of having company, of laughter and merriment. He grew fond of one in particular, and started spending more and more time with her. As they grew closer, he realised there were feelings that he'd never experienced before. He didn't know what they were. He disliked when other men tried to flirt with her, he felt alone when she was not around, his body would feel warm when she was around. He was thoroughly confused, and, being that he had not much experience with others, he did the only logical thing, he asked her what was happening to him. She had always been there to guide him through everything else, why not this?

As he relayed these new feelings and these new experiences, he noticed her eyes became teary. He quickly and awkwardly apologized, not knowing why he was apologizing, simply knowing that he did not like seeing tears in her eyes. She smiled and said they were tears of happiness and sadness. This utterly confused the poor mi'qote. Finally, she explained what those feelings were, and also confessed that she felt the same way for him. However, she belonged to someone else. She betrothed to another a few years ago, he is in another land, but the ceremony was preformed and thus, she could not disrespect herself, her betrothed or the ceremony.

After spending a few months apart, the two reunited as friends. Well, that's what Lucian said, his heart was speaking an entirely different thing. However, the way he figured it; at least he could protect her from those that may harm her, and until she must leave, he will be able to see her smile. The two, along with a few friends left the old Free Company behind and created their own. Quickly gaining popularity and members the Free Company's name became a relatively well known one. Lucian was known as a decent leader, sometimes a little absent minded, but he did his best to ensure he could assist those that needed it and guide those that asked for it. However, he has become slightly less talkative. Everyone is always saying how happy a person he is...everyone except for one. The one person who knows him better than he knows himself. She knows the pain he feels because she feels it as well. But, they push it down and away as being apart hurts even more. And, they have others to be responsible for now. They forge ahead, the two, side by side. Never questioning the other, knowing that they will protect each other.

Lucian was a scared little mi'qote, but today, at 28 years old, he has grown to be a leader and a protector.

Gongos likes this.
  12. Gongos

Gongos Adventurer

Very good. Excellent for a first. So, what happens when Lucian's rival shows up? Please, continue. :)

13. Kredo

Kredo Crystal Brave

Is there a link to this so I could have it without the questions answered already?

14. Gongos

Gongos Adventurer

I believe Rage Manatee/Baer made that up himself. I'm certain he would create a link to just the questions. Would you do the honors, Rage?

15. Kredo

Kredo Crystal Brave

I ended up finding it. I just googled "100 questions to ask your character" and found it right away. I am filling it out so I will post mine very soon.

16. Gongos

Gongos Adventurer

Thanks for the info, Kredo!

17. FFXIV_RPer

FFXIV_RPer Crystal Brave

I thought RageManatee made up the list, but where ever it comes from here is the list presented in its wonderful just question like state!

Show Spoiler

The list of "100 Questions" for FFXIV: ARR characters, originally written by RageManatee

100 Questions Answered by (Insert character name)

1.What is your full name?

2.Where and when were you born?

3.Who are/were your parents? (Know their names, occupations, personalities, etc.)

4.Do you have any siblings? What are/were they like?

5.Where do you live now, and with whom? Describe the place and the person/people.

6.What is your occupation?

7.Write a full physical description of yourself. You might want to consider factors such as: height, weight, race, hair and eye color, style of dress, and any tattoos, scars, or distinguishing marks.

8.To which social class do you belong?

9.Do you have any allergies, diseases, or other physical weaknesses?

10. Are you right- or left-handed?

11. What does your voice sound like?

12. What words and/or phrases do you use very frequently?

13. What do you have in your pockets?

14. Do you have any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?

15. How would you describe your childhood in general?

16. What is your earliest memory?

17. How much schooling have you had?

18. Did you enjoy school?

19. Where did you learn most of your skills and other abilities?

20. While growing up, did you have any role models? If so, describe them.

21. While growing up, how did you get along with the other members of your family?

22. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?

23. As a child, what were your favorite activities?

24. As a child, what kinds of personality traits did you display?

25. As a child, were you popular? Who were your friends, and what were they like?

26. When and with whom was your first kiss?

27. Are you a virgin? If not, when and with whom did you lose your virginity?

28. If you are a supernatural being (i.e. mage, werewolf, vampire), tell the story of how you became what you are or first learned of your own abilities. If you are just a normal human, describe any influences in your past that led you to do the things you do today.

29. What do you consider the most important event of your life so far?

30. Who has had the most influence on you?

31. What do you consider your greatest achievement?

32. What is your greatest regret?

33. What is the most evil thing you have ever done?

34. Do you have a criminal record of any kind?

35. When was the time you were the most frightened?

36. What is the most embarrassing thing ever to happen to you?

37. If you could change one thing from your past, what would it be, and why?

38. What is your best memory?

39. What is your worst memory?

40. Are you basically optimistic or pessimistic?

41. What is your greatest fear?

42. What are your religious views?

43. What are your political views?

44. What are your views on sex?

45. Are you able to kill? Under what circumstances do you find killing to be acceptable or unacceptable?

46. In your opinion, what is the most evil thing any human being could do?

47. Do you believe in the existence of soul mates and/or true love?

48. What do you believe makes a successful life?

49. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings (i.e. do you hide your true self from others, and in what way)?

50. Do you have any biases or prejudices?

51. Is there anything you absolutely refuse to do under any circumstances? Why do you refuse to do it?

52. Who or what, if anything, would you die for (or otherwise go to extremes for)?

53. In general, how do you treat others (politely, rudely, by keeping them at a distance, etc.)? Does your treatment of them change depending on how well you know them, and if so, how?

54. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?

55. Who is the person you respect the most, and why?

56. Who are your friends? Do you have a best friend? Describe these people.

57. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If so, describe this person.

58. Have you ever been in love? If so, describe what happened.

59. What do you look for in a potential lover?

60. How close are you to your family?

61. Have you started your own family? If so, describe them. If not, do you want to? Why or why not?

62. Who would you turn to if you were in desperate need of help?

63. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why?

64. If you died or went missing, who would miss you?

65. Who is the person you despise the most, and why?

66. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?

67. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?

68. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?

69. Do you care what others think of you?

70. What is/are your favorite hobbies and pastimes?

71. What is your most treasured possession?

72. What is your favorite color?

73. What is your favorite food?

74. What, if anything, do you like to read?

75. What is your idea of good entertainment (consider music, movies, art, etc.)?

76. Do you smoke, drink, or use drugs? If so, why? Do you want to quit?

77. How do you spend a typical Saturday night?

78. What makes you laugh?

79. What, if anything, shocks or offends you?

80. What would you do if you had insomnia and had to find something to do to amuse yourself?

81. How do you deal with stress?

82. Are you spontaneous, or do you always need to have a plan?

83. What are your pet peeves?

84. Describe the routine of a normal day for you. How do you feel when this routine is disrupted?

85. What is your greatest strength as a person?

86. What is your greatest weakness?

87. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

88. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?

89. Are you generally organized or messy?

90. Name three things you consider yourself to be very good at, and three things you consider yourself to be very bad at.

91. Do you like yourself?

92. What are your reasons for being an adventurer (or doing the strange and heroic things that RPG characters do)? Are your real reasons for doing this different than the ones you tell people in public? (If so, detail both sets of reasons…)

93. What goal do you most want to accomplish in your lifetime?

94. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

95. If you could choose, how would you want to die?

96. If you knew you were going to die in 24 hours, name three things you would do in the time you had left.

97. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?

98. What three words best describe your personality?

99. What three words would others probably use to describe you?

100. If you could, what advice would you, the player, give to your character? (You might even want to speak as if he or she were sitting right here in front of you, and use proper tone so he or she might heed your advice…)

Please enjoy and answer the questions yourself fellow RPers! It's really fun to read what the characters reply with. :p

18. Kredo

Kredo Crystal Brave

http://dreadpiraterose.wordpress.co...ons-to-ask-about-your-role-playing-character/ This is the link I used.

FFXIV_RPer likes this.
  19. FFXIV_RPer

FFXIV_RPer Crystal Brave

20. Kredo

Kredo Crystal Brave

This is taking longer for me to fill out than I thought. Especially since my character has split personalities.

FFXIV_RPer likes this.